corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Builder part exchange

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Builder part exchange
Colin

User status: Offline
29th Apr 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone ever done this?

Was it a good experience? Or did you just get ripped off?

Following my post on making a drive way we've decided it might be easier & bette all round to move.

Seen these px deals & just wondered whats what!!
MarkM

30th Apr 09 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't they normally give you less than your property is worth or charge you over the odds for the house your buying?

Must be a catch.
Toby
Premium Member

30th Apr 09 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Anyone ever done this?

Was it a good experience? Or did you just get ripped off?

Following my post on making a drive way we've decided it might be easier & bette all round to move.

Seen these px deals & just wondered whats what!!

I was on the other end and made a killing.
Our house we have just purchased was up for £155k. they part ex'd with builder for £140k and we got the builder down to £125k. The people that sold moved in three years ago and according to rightmove website they paid £165 three years ago.

I was led to believe that what they knocked off the house for occupants they knoecked off the price of the new build.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd May 09 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You usually get the PX price on yours on the basis that you pay the full asking price on the new build.

They should get some marketing appraisals on the property from some local agents. They will then come back to you with a buy-in price. You can neg this with the builder, Personally i'd get some up to date vals anyway to make sure you aren't getting ripped off.

Then the builder buys it in and pays all the marketing costs etc, which is pretty good nowadays. No HIP cost, stress of viewings, sale falling through etc.

If the figures stack up then go for it.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Fad

3rd May 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum and dad did this 10 years ago was hassle free and it allowed us to exchange relitively quickly.

They will offer you a little less than you wnt but thats to be expected for the cinvinience.

No chain no pain IMO

[Edited on 03-05-2009 by Fad]
Colin

3rd May 09 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys, just thinking through what options we have just now.

Im thinking i'll stick our current place up 1st & see what happens before looking into px deals any further.

New Poll