corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Getting hold of company accounts info/reports

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting hold of company accounts info/reports
StuartVRS

User status: Offline
5th May 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there any way you can find out how well a company is doing/profit wise etc or seeing if it is struggling or facing possible liquidation? Or view accounts figures year by year? Without having to go through the actual management etc. Just wanting to see if the business in question is a viable one as it stands now without having to go through the director.
ChazSXi

5th May 09 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh companies house i think hold all records
BluKoo

5th May 09 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have thought that info would be confidential.
Cosmo

5th May 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

search for webcheck online.

Companies have to submit accounts and you can buy them online for £1.

You'll only get last years account (ending approx Apr-July 2008) in the next few weeks though, so its not that up to date.
StuartVRS

5th May 09 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
search for webcheck online.

Companies have to submit accounts and you can buy them online for £1.

You'll only get last years account (ending approx Apr-July 2008) in the next few weeks though, so its not that up to date.

Cheers Cosmo. Its my old work im interested in. I heard a rumour from a reliable source that they reduced us to 3 day weeks to save money yet the managers got a payrise and a new company car has appeared. Its a source i can trust and i have 2 very good friends that work there with families that i dont want to see screwed over. Im just curious as 6 months before this all came about we were recording record profit for the company and landed a huge contract with a Unite union.
Cosmo

5th May 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And you'd be surprised by them doing that?

Them cutting costs (ie. saving money) could be down to them thinking the place is over staffed on inefficient. So by cutting down on staffing they have freed up more cash to pay themselves more and get a new company car.

Nothing wrong with that imo.
Tommy L

5th May 09 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Companies House. Will cost you £1. Will only be abbreviated accounts. You won't be able to see full accounts.
StuartVRS

5th May 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And you'd be surprised by them doing that?

Them cutting costs (ie. saving money) could be down to them thinking the place is over staffed on inefficient. So by cutting down on staffing they have freed up more cash to pay themselves more and get a new company car.

Nothing wrong with that imo.

And paying their friends cash on the side to work the extra days whilst their regular staff suffer wage cuts? I just think its harsh thats all. I do have other reasons but ill keep them to myself, i just wanted to see for myself and be a bit nosey, as 3 years ago i was interested in buying the business but didnt have the cashflow when the director told me i could have it, so never looked into it fully
Cosmo

5th May 09 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well paying others cash is a different thing all together - but even so that wont be on the accounts for obvious reasons!
StuartVRS

5th May 09 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well paying others cash is a different thing all together - but even so that wont be on the accounts for obvious reasons!

Yeah, they did it to me, when i was on holiday they would pay the casual staff £2 an hour more than me, yet when i asked for a payrise i was told the company couldnt afford it. One of many reasons i left. There is a lot more to it, believe me, but i think they are best kept to myself. Appreciate the help tho, cheers.
Robbo

5th May 09 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

abbreviated accounts dont tell u anyhting im afraid
charcoalgrill

6th May 09 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ftannualreports.co.uk/asp/P003_search_eng.asp

its free to order- ive had to order aload of construction annuals for an essay recently..
Cosmo

6th May 09 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by charcoalgrill
http://www.ftannualreports.co.uk/asp/P003_search_eng.asp

its free to order- ive had to order aload of construction annuals for an essay recently..

Thats only for listed companies, whose accounts you can get if you go to their websites anyway as they have to make them public.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Getting hold of company accounts info/reports 23 database queries in 0.2770679 seconds