corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » steering wheel shaking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author steering wheel shaking
SCOTT1989

User status: Offline
10th May 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully somebody can help me when the car gets to and above 50mph the steering wheel shudders and it gets worse the quicker i go. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks guys
lwigmore

10th May 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is your tracking all good?

Are your wheels balanced properly?
SCOTT1989

10th May 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hope so as i have recently had new tyres and it has only started recently any other suggestions as to what it might be?
Ste
Premium Member

10th May 09 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a wheel weight may have fallen off or you may have bumped up a kerb too hard and buckled a wheel. They are the usual, obvious ones. The reason why you only feel it over 50mph is due to the shudder being amplified the faster you go.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll