corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » exhaust is very loud, question..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author exhaust is very loud, question..
Minty_Fresh

User status: Offline
12th May 09 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as some people may know i had a straight through centre section on my 1.4 sport (for clearance reasons only, was de catted and middle silencer removed) and it was very raspy and sounded shite with standard backbox..

so i fitted a 3" outrolled sportex one and now its very loud/bassy..

so im looking at getting a long/thing silencer put back in the middle section so i still have loads of clearance but would this help the sound much or?, it sounds nice but its to loud, so if it was deadend quite abit it would be spot on..

any ideas if it will make much difference putting one in?

Will94

12th May 09 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll vary depending on which centre silencer you go for m8. some do bugger all.... my experience those engines do have a tendancy to rasp. might be worth visiting a local powerflow dealer and look at buying just the can from them. I'm guessing that way you could discuss the effect you are after
Minty_Fresh

13th May 09 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is booked in to power flow again today as thats where i had the centre section done so i will see what they say later on. Thanks mate
Torsa g

13th May 09 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what powerflow franchise have you used
Minty_Fresh

13th May 09 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the one in kingswinford, its quite local to me, and theres a guy there who always do a good job so..
Fonz
Premium Member

13th May 09 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate (rich7585 on here) as a complete cat back sportex system which came with a slim centre section box, and 3 inch oval back box.....sounds fabulous!!
Stokie Dave

13th May 09 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

without the cat it'll always rasp mate... unless you stick a silenced decat on too

New Poll