corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » EPS FTW!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EPS FTW!
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
18th May 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I finally got around to fitting my EPS today and I have to say it rocks! Absoloute arsehole to fit but well worth it if you want to simpler way of running a quick rack with power steering
andyc1234

18th May 09 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need to do it to mine at some point
DaveyLC

18th May 09 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very tight squeeze behind the fusebox
Ste
Premium Member

18th May 09 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you get pics? Fancy writinga tutorial Dave?

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
DaveyLC

18th May 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As usual I didnt take any pics lol I get far to engrossed in stuff I only pulled the dash forward enough to get the original column bracket and clutch pedal out, biggest ball ache was getting the nut off the clutch peda assemblyl in the engine bay.
Craig P

18th May 09 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have to take the Full Dash out?If the Engine was out would it be quite Easy?
Whats the Wiring like?

I think i Tutorial would be a Good Idee
DaveyLC

18th May 09 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wiring was a doddle, colour matching mostly.. I undid all of the fixings in the scuttle and the one behind the center console, on the side of the dash and then pulled the dash back about 10 inches.
Ste
Premium Member

18th May 09 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did you do about the speed sensitivity? Can you get a speed pulse from your loom or did you do without?

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Craig P

18th May 09 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Wiring was a doddle, colour matching mostly.. I undid all of the fixings in the scuttle and the one behind the center console, on the side of the dash and then pulled the dash back about 10 inches.

Would it be easier to take the Full Dash out or not?My Engine will be out if i decide to fit this so would that make it Easier aswell?

How many Wires is there?Are the Wires already there for it?
DaveyLC

18th May 09 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PROPER mission to remove the dash as the loom is zip tied to the frame behind it.

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
What did you do about the speed sensitivity? Can you get a speed pulse from your loom or did you do without?

I've wired it up to the speedo sender too although my speedo sender is dead at the moment so the steering is proper light
Craig P

18th May 09 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah i see,Maybe not then.You make it sound Easy but im not convinced.

Wiring isnt my strong point
Ste
Premium Member

18th May 09 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a control box you can get that lets you adjust the sensitivity manually. Designed for rally cars so you get a constant 'feel' rather than changing with speed. Would be good to see someone fit one and report back.

DaveyLC

18th May 09 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah its just a pulse generator.. I was toying with getting one, will see whats its like with the speed sensitivty first

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » EPS FTW! 24 database queries in 0.0178080 seconds