corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » alanis morisette ironic

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author alanis morisette ironic
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
19th May 09 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, i was thinkim bout this the other day. You know none of the things in her song are actually ironic but more just unfortunate, well i always thought it was a bit stupid of her. It'r just dawned on me though, it's also quite ironic. I wonder if she meant the irony in that sense or she just doesn't really know what the word means lol. Oh, and alanis on predictive text is clangr. Made me smile. Ps, i.m actually sober too, just bored of revision and essays!
Ste
Premium Member

19th May 09 at 01:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alanis Morissette
For me the great debate on whether what I was saying in ‘Ironic’ was ironic wasn’t a traumatic debate. I’d always embraced the fact that every once in a while I’d be the malapropism queen. And when Glen and I were writing it, we definitely were not doggedly making sure that everything was technically ironic. It’s a testament to the fact that we didn’t think it was going to be put under the microscope by 30 million people. For me the sweetest moment came in New York when a woman came up to me in a record store and said, ‘So all those things in the “Ironic” aren’t ironic.’ And then she said, ‘And that’s the irony.’ I said, ‘Yup.’ To me it’s a real snapshot of a nineteen-year-old’s definition and version of how life worked at the time. All that ‘Ironic’ touches on spawned all my future inquiries into and current understandings of the mysteries of life.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

19th May 09 at 02:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get told off all the time by the gf for over-analysing song lyrics. I think they hide behind the cover of 'artistic license'. I don't like it one bit tbh.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Fonz
Premium Member

19th May 09 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stand up on the irony

[Edited on 19-05-2009 by Fonz]
C2RL R

19th May 09 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always said this when it was around all them years ago. nobody was as bothered as me so i shut up about it. you are the first person i've heard say the same thing.
Marc

19th May 09 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
Stand up on the irony

Ed Byrne is unhealthily obsessed with her. He has about 2-3 differant sketches on her.
Fonz
Premium Member

19th May 09 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
Stand up on the irony

Ed Byrne is unhealthily obsessed with her. He has about 2-3 differant sketches on her.

it was how he got his big break. same jokes different format, that was his material at the time and it got him noticed.

Jimmy Carr had an obsession with the answer to what happens when you spill crapet cleaner....that was just one of his jokes in his material from the tour he was promoting at the time, heard time after time on each interview!

[Edited on 19-05-2009 by Fonz]
drunkenfool

19th May 09 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
i always said this when it was around all them years ago. nobody was as bothered as me so i shut up about it. you are the first person i've heard say the same thing.

It must be that we are just at a higher intellectual level than the rest of the plebians
BluKoo

19th May 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, its all basically just a coincidence.

Me and my mates were having a discussion about this a few weeks ago.
ShEp

19th May 09 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Song is the nuts though

So is the album though.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » alanis morisette ironic 24 database queries in 0.0102830 seconds