corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hourly rate...?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hourly rate...?
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd May 09 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just had a quick look on google and I'd say £45 per photo would be a good base. The problem with paying someone by the hour when you aren't watching them is the thought that they are taking the piss.

Ask him what he has been paying in the past. If he is happy to use you then clearly your work is of comparable quality to a professional. Once you know how much he is used to paying, charge two thirds of it. He is gettingt he same job done, but for less. Your work will bring him back or scare him off more than the price. If you keep him happy, he will pay it.

You must have explained that you aren't pro, so he would understand that you have no base to get your prices from.

If you don't try and bullshit him with how many hours it takes and how much the software cost then he would be happy to negotiate a price I would imagine.

hth

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
ed

User status: Offline
22nd May 09 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As with any design based job, agree an hourly rate and quote the amount of hours you know it will take. If it's too much, you'll know because they'll go elsewhere, or tell you it's too much. Therefore lower the price and negotiate. Don't go lower than the job is worth because people will always take the piss thinking that it's 'easy'. £45/hour sounds pretty expensive to me, unless you have a portfolio and experience to back that price?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hourly rate...? 24 database queries in 0.0294909 seconds