corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » the speedo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author the speedo
seanmooney

User status: Offline
24th May 09 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite i was trying to fix the speedo and i knew it wasnt the cable so i thought it was maybe the part that goes into the gar box that was wore away some how so i got a new speedo drive from vaux and i was fitting it this morning and it didnt sit in rite the first time so i pulled it out and the part with the cog stayed in the hole so i oput my hand down in to pull it out and i hit it by accident and it fell into the gear box...

so off came the plate at the bottom of the gearbox to retrieve the part that fell down and on closer inspection i found the cog that drives the speedo drive was pushed over a bit from where it was supposed to be so i pushed it back over and put the speedo drive in to see would it turn the speeedo drive and it did...

so my question is should i have been bale to push that cog over that drives the speedo drive with my hand? should it be held in place with a roll pin or surclip or some sort of clip?
seanmooney

24th May 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

??
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
24th May 09 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm guessing it should be secured by something - can you get pics?
seanmooney

24th May 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i got pics of it, it would really be any help as you cannot see the side of the cog that im on about that drives the speedo drive, surely it should be held on by something? but the funny thig is, if it was held on by somethig would there nt be bit of it come out in the oil or lying on the try that i took off?
seanmooney

24th May 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what gear box is in the 1.7 diesel 1996? think it will be handier to replace the gearbox than taking the drive shafts off and taking the whole diff out..
seanmooney

24th May 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

??
seanmooney

24th May 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

??
andyc1234

24th May 09 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it shoud be clipped on they just push onto the diff. if it wobbles about then its time for a new one. you already have the box pretty much apart anyway all you have to do is take shafts out and the bearing cap thing

New Poll