corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » few problems need sorting....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author few problems need sorting....
elliott023

User status: Offline
   27th May 09 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. right guys, i have a wierd knocking sound when u turn my wheel to the left hand side, what could this be?? also my sterring wheel moves left and right quite abit before the wheels move....

ive been told its my inner tire arms :S

2. ive striped out my car in the rear and i want to respray it, smoke grey to go with my car.... where do i start lol, there is like some black tar looking stuff on the boot floor, and in the wheel well, im thinking of using ah eat gun to get it off, but shud i primer the floor and sides, or just go silly with the rattle can??

almost forgot, how do i do this with my boot handle lol.....

DaveyLC

27th May 09 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Inner tie arms"

Basically there are arms comming off the ends of the steering rack with a knuckle at each end.. Generally the outer end which is also used to adjust the tracking wears but the inner end can wear to.. I'm not even sure if the inner ends are servicable with the rack in the car.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th May 09 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do bear in mind that if these fail you'll lose your steering or perhaps your wheel.
elliott023

27th May 09 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

damn...

are these hard to change??
Ian
Site Administrator

27th May 09 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it's a suspension strip down and you normally need some ingenuity to take the stuff apart when you're talking about ball joints.

New Poll