corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bloody PayPal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bloody PayPal
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th May 09 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold something on eBay recently, buyer paid for it, I shipped it by recorded delivery, now 2 weeks later PayPal decide to reverse the buyer's payment!

They emailed me last night saying either the buyer or their bank have reversed the payment so now I have a minus balance in my PayPal account. It also says I'm not eligible for seller protection and to not send the item (even though the original transaction at the time said I was eligible and that it was OK to send the item ).

Has this happened to anyone off here? If so, how long does this 'process' take to sort out? I'd ask PayPal directly only I think I'd have a better chance extracting blood out of a stone...
Matt L

29th May 09 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is why i absoluetly hate/detest paypal and ebay all a bunch of cunts, they say its really safe.... yes i suppose it is if your the buyer, but not very good for sellers as stuff like this happens .

edit: sorry this reply doesnt help.

[Edited on 29-05-2009 by Matt L]
PaulW

29th May 09 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have their address, go round!

[Edited on 29-05-2009 by PaulW]
Sam
Premium Member

29th May 09 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Manchester
baza31

29th May 09 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me by £800 , they want £800 off me and have for 12 months . They can get fuckkkkkked if they thing am paying a penny. Paypal is a scam, all this supposed protection means fuck all. If they think a scammer is doing me of £800 they can jog on. I dont know if they put interest on it .

how long legally is it before its wiped? is it 5 years?
John

29th May 09 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't just wipe it, if they are out of money they will send the bailiffs round.
Mobby

29th May 09 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E-cheque by any chance? if so noob error.
Sam
Premium Member

29th May 09 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not an echeque, no.
Olsrey

29th May 09 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always having simular troubles with PayPal. Chances are that they paid using a credit card and the buyer then told the credit card company and its much easier for PayPal to just return the money even if the claim is false than to investigate it (I got that from a PayPal customer service person )
Sam
Premium Member

29th May 09 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not a huge amount (£31) but still, I don't see why I should be out of pocket while some fucker has my money AND my goods!

I've emailed the buyer earlier this morning as well so I'll see if I get a response or not... Could be completely innocent but hey, I'm cynical.
baza31

29th May 09 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
They don't just wipe it, if they are out of money they will send the bailiffs round.

by law if they aint claimed it in 5 years i think they cant legally do fuck all.

baillifs to where? i dont live at that address no more
Sam
Premium Member

29th May 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I've heard back from the buyer, she said the only reason she can think of is that she had a new bank card recently so it looks like she didn't update her PayPal details (although I'm not sure how PayPal still let the payment go through if the card was cancelled or expired?).

I can see this being a long drawn out affair...

She did say that she'll pay me by bank transfer or whatever if they don't sort it out though so at least she's not dodgy (I hope).
Ian
Site Administrator

29th May 09 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They had me off for £800, luckily I hadn't posted the lens otherwise I would be down.

The protection actually means nothing.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bloody PayPal 23 database queries in 0.1208739 seconds