corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New wheels... but unsure on clearance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New wheels... but unsure on clearance
CammyMick

User status: Offline
31st May 09 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So after fitting the coilovers, my steelies are bassicly hitting the springs when i go over a bump (only on the front 2 wheels) its going in for its tracking next week

Ive just bought corsa exclusiv wheels powder coated black, ET49 offset wheels, with low profile toyo proxes tyres

scince my steelies are hitting the springs, would the corsa exclusiv ones be further in? (i.e touching the springs more?) if so, what would the recomended spacers be, i was thinking 6mm spacers would that stop them touching?

(ive not stuck them on yet to test them as tyres arent fitted on the rims yet - and waiting till i go in for tracking for them to get stuck on)

cheers
Corsa_Scotty

31st May 09 at 02:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the steelies are the origional corsa ones then the exclusivs will be the same fitment mate
CammyMick

31st May 09 at 02:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok

Thank you - will get 6mm spacers = problem solved so they can get them wacked on without the new paint being scratched lol
Minty_Fresh

31st May 09 at 02:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer you need 5mm spacers mate, any bigger and you need longer wheel bolts..

5mm spacers on the front (or 6mm+with longer wheel bolts) and you will have no problems what so ever with any wheels et49 offset..
CammyMick

31st May 09 at 03:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the info!

So if i got 6mm ones id need longer bolts? - because bidded for a set on ebay, and they end in the early hours of the morning when no one is up lol...

Oh well not another week or two until i can actually get them on, so need to source some parts - and paint callipers green :x (black on black on black with green callipers ftw! xD)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New wheels... but unsure on clearance 23 database queries in 0.0080140 seconds