corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help please
rolfe

User status: Offline
31st May 09 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have brought a corsa gsi x16xe and wondered if anyone could give a few suggestions on how to get the maximum bhp out of my engine. thanks
P1CK4D

31st May 09 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats your budget?
Ricky352

31st May 09 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inlet mainfold, exhaust and some sort of air filter or drilled airbox would be a good start
rolfe

31st May 09 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my budget is about 1200 pounds
philip2

31st May 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

inlet, use a decent panel filter with the airbox, decent ex manifold/system.

maybe some headwork, superchip?(ive never used them or ever will) lightened flywheel(make the engine rev up alot quicker) arp rod bolts, so can rev it higher and stand more chance of the rods staying together. possibly some mild cams if wanted to go that far, but id probably use a set of gsi cams instead, save a few £££

what suspension/wheels and brakes are on it? i know it wont add bhp, but a decent set up will make the car stop and handle better

[Edited on 31-05-2009 by philip2]
rolfe

1st Jun 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks
steven_r2008

1st Jun 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by philip2
inlet, use a decent panel filter with the airbox, decent ex manifold/system.

maybe some headwork, superchip?(ive never used them or ever will) lightened flywheel(make the engine rev up alot quicker) arp rod bolts, so can rev it higher and stand more chance of the rods staying together. possibly some mild cams if wanted to go that far, but id probably use a set of gsi cams instead, save a few £££

what suspension/wheels and brakes are on it? i know it wont add bhp, but a decent set up will make the car stop and handle better

[Edited on 31-05-2009 by philip2]

Sorry to hijack but do gsi cams or the x16xe cams fit into an x14xe as i know these are basically the same engines are they not?
philip2

1st Jun 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should do, i dont know if the x14/16 cams are the same though, i think the gsi ones are slightly more aggressive. the heads are interchangable so the cams should be too.
steven_r2008

1st Jun 09 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm sounds really tempting that

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help please 24 database queries in 0.0126212 seconds