corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » UFC 99

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author UFC 99
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Jun 09 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will anyone be watching this? Next Saturday at 8pm on Setanta.

Wanderlei Silva vs Rich Franklin is the Main Event. And other big names like Kongo vs Velasquez. UFC is one of the best opportunities for drink gambling
JM Curdy

7th Jun 09 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more looking forward to 100 but this should also be good, in germany isnt it?
Eck
Premium Member

7th Jun 09 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye it's in Germany. 100 will be immense with two titles potentially changing hands. But it's not exactly next week unfortunately
Hammer

8th Jun 09 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marcus Davies v Dan Hardy has the potential to be a bar brawl, they fucking detest each other.

Hopefully Davies knocks him out, he comes across as an arrogant cunt. His red mohawk is some nick as well
Eck
Premium Member

8th Jun 09 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well both of their strengths lie in their hands so it has the potential to be an epic punchfest. And aye, Hardy looks a state with that thing

The Cro Cop fight could be good as well. Al Turk is relatively new to the UFC and will have to watch out for CC's kicks. One lapse in concentration and he'll be out before he hits the ground.
JM Curdy

8th Jun 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kimbo slice signed to the next ultimate fighter?
Eck
Premium Member

8th Jun 09 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, and his coach may very well be Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson Kimbo's punching power with Jackson's guidance could be frightening
Hammer

8th Jun 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kimbo is a bum as I've said all along
Eck
Premium Member

8th Jun 09 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He certainly is a bum. And put into the ring with someone with any sort of talent he will 9/10 get killed. But that 1/10 will end with him knocking someone clean out He'll be entertaining anyway that's for sure!
Hammer

8th Jun 09 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still long to see Fedor in the UFC.

If Lesnar beats Mir and gets another couple of fights out the road still champion, that would be the ultimate fight in mma history
Eck
Premium Member

8th Jun 09 at 23:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are talks between Fedor and Dana/UFC about a fight, but there are a couple of things for/against it.

1. If Fedor wins (which I actually believe he will. He just doesn't give up!)there are fears that he will basically take the title/glory and stick with Affliction/That M fighting thing.

2. If he DOESN'T win, Dana is sadistic enough to them never let him fight again, just so he can boast that UFC have the best fighters

There are a few pro's and con's, but I hope it happens before long. Emelianenko is immense, and in every fight I've seen of him, a gentleman afterwards!
Hammer

8th Jun 09 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see you've been reading up on MMA since you got the game
Eck
Premium Member

8th Jun 09 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually enjoyed it before the game, but after playing it I found that site mma-core...And since then I've become a little more than obsessed I've watched hours of fights each night since then
Hammer

8th Jun 09 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to worry, I got that into it one of the website owners wanted me to start writing a blog
Eck
Premium Member

8th Jun 09 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ffs It won't be the first site to get you to do a blog either I presume you've been on mma-core? It's ace as it shows you all the videos youtube gets pulled for
Hammer

8th Jun 09 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye I found a couple but that appears to be the only one that still has a load of videos up on it.

I also tried to find a local Jiu Jitsu class to see if I could learn it
Eck
Premium Member

8th Jun 09 at 23:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No offence mate, but I can't imagine you going to more than 1 class sober Why not go for the Kickboxing I'd just be stupendously pleased if I could learn to use an overhand right like Liddell
Hammer

8th Jun 09 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not train full of the Tennents?

There's a kickboxing class my mates dad runs actually in the local church hall, he was a national champion or something I might join that actually. Only other place I could find was Muay Thai on Thursday nights in the Kelvin Hall and I got told that off a crazy Polish taxi driver that took us home steaming after the last Rangers game, he was covered head to toe in cuts and bruises
Eck
Premium Member

8th Jun 09 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What, he was steaming or you were? Muay Thai would not be an easy skill to master at all But if you could do it well, then you probably could swagger into a Gers pub singing The Fields of Athenry
BigSte

9th Jun 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UFC was mint when I could watch on Bravo.....hopefully should be able to watch it again when shiity Setanta go bust!
corsa - gus

9th Jun 09 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
What, he was steaming or you were? Muay Thai would not be an easy skill to master at all But if you could do it well, then you probably could swagger into a Gers pub singing The Fields of Athenry

Its true, my mates really into Thai boxing and he is one hard little fucker he'll be about 70 kilo but hes like a 70 kg steel girder! When he kicks you you don't even want to keep going, I will admit I took a few dives during sparring

I got right into it for a while but in the end the gf put a stop to it because I was always going about like I was half crippled because I kept getting the shite kicked out of me.

Infact Hammer, I believe there to be a Thai boxing show a week or two after TITP in your neck of the woods, I'll try and get some info for you if you want
Eck
Premium Member

10th Jun 09 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might as well stick this in here... Was watching some of Fedor's fights and found this beauty of a Gif

Arlovski crumpled in mid-air
Hammer

10th Jun 09 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa - gus
Infact Hammer, I believe there to be a Thai boxing show a week or two after TITP in your neck of the woods, I'll try and get some info for you if you want

Think I've been told about that one, going to try for tickets

Fedor is a fucking machine Eck, that was Arlovski going on off the back of boxing coaching off Freddy Roach as well (the same Freddy Roach that picked out the simplest of Hattons weaknesses for Pac Man yet could find nothing with Fedor).

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » UFC 99 24 database queries in 0.0156140 seconds