corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eating at night

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eating at night
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
12th Jun 09 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just have to say.. I used to be 18 stone.. I'm 12.5 stone now.. I lost 5 stone in 3 months just by a) not grazing/snacking, b) eating low fat food..

I also skipped breakfast and tended to have a ballenced yet reasonable sized lunch.
BluKoo

12th Jun 09 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

According to doctors and dietitians, the maximum recommended level of weight loss is about 2lbs per week.
If you lost 5 stone in 3 months, that means you were losing an average of 5.8lbs per week. Thats a bit extreme, and probably not even healthy.

I did this in 10 weeks.
It worked out at an average of 2.2lbs per week..

[Edited on 12-06-2009 by BluKoo]
scoob
Premium Member

12th Jun 09 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went from 16st down to 12st in around 7months just by cutting out crap food and some light cardio now im on the weights im comming back up to 14 stone
DaveyLC

12th Jun 09 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
According to doctors and dietitians, the maximum recommended level of weight loss is about 2lbs per week.
If you lost 5 stone in 3 months, that means you were losing an average of 5.8lbs per week. Thats a bit extreme, and probably not even healthy.

I did this in 10 weeks.
It worked out at an average of 2.2lbs per week..

I'm an all or nothing kind of guy
DizzyRebel

12th Jun 09 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol both of you is good going, but loosing more than 2lb a week is going to be some muscle mass too.

PS breakfast is mthe most important meal of the day and should include at least 50g of protein to protect from catabolic effects and also fuel your immune system.

Good transformation though blukoo, you need some muscle on that fram though!
DaveyLC

12th Jun 09 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Lol both of you is good going, but loosing more than 2lb a week is going to be some muscle mass too.

Yep! I used to be well built too.. 2 stone weakling now
swill_omnibus

12th Jun 09 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Protein shakes and POWER BARS!

[Edited on 12-06-2009 by swill_omnibus]
Gareth F

12th Jun 09 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blukoo you lost your hair aswell

Weight saving measure ftw
LukeS

12th Jun 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SR-91
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Was she good?

Hes a virgin

SR91

12th Jun 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sowden1991
quote:
Originally posted by SR-91
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Was she good?

Hes a virgin

BluKoo

12th Jun 09 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

PS breakfast is mthe most important meal of the day and should include at least 50g of protein to protect from catabolic effects and also fuel your immune system.

My mate who is in her 3rd year of Uni studying nutrition and dietetics (i think) says that the body can only use a certain amount of protein at any one time. Generally about 30g (although i guess that may differ depending on the size of the person). Taking in 50g of protein for breakfast alone seems a bit of an overkill.

I'm 6ft 2, and i think i've got a decent amount of muscle at the moment. Of course there is always room for more, but i'm not aiming to get huuuge.

Lets see some pics of you DizzyRebel. I want to see if you put this fountain of knowledge to use

Carl

12th Jun 09 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gareth F
Eat three meals a day, eat your last meal about 6pm then drink water and eat fruit after this time. Thats what i do now anyway, lost 9lbs in 2 weeks so far

Meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss. Its all about calories in vs. calories out.

If you're in a calorie deficit, its actually beneficial to eat something before bed (preferably something with some protein) just to make sure your muscles aren't going to starve over night.

Unless you're grossly overweight, when you lose 9lbs in 2 weeks, a good portion of that will be muscle, so its not all good.

Actually meal timing is as important as caliorie intake. Calories are just a measure of heat,

They are a measure of energy arn't they? yeah it is linked to heat but it doesn't measure it. Pretty sure you have got your wires crossed there.

BluKoo

12th Jun 09 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Calorie - A unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure; used by nutritionists to characterize the energy-producing potential in food).
DizzyRebel

12th Jun 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I look shit at the moment as im on Oxy and enanthate so all puffed up and im not taking photos of myself all water retioned up lol.

Heres one from just after xmas when i let myself go (not trained for about 8 weeks due to injury with a months worth of shitty xmas food inside me.)

Minus about 5-6lb of bodyfat now and plus another 7lb of lean mass. Work in progress, i hate showing my bits off lol. Please dont laigh at my flabbyness and small stature lol

[Edited on 12-06-2009 by DizzyRebel]
BluKoo

12th Jun 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better than i expected to be honest.
I thought you might have been one of those "all talk" guys, but now that i can see that you do have a lil' bit of muscle, i can take your comments and advice more seriously
Carl

12th Jun 09 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was expecting Mens health cover standard, with the fear of carbs i was expecting fuck all bodyfat.
DizzyRebel

12th Jun 09 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol sorry to disappoint. My fear of carbs has come only since ^ that ^ happened lol where i just lost interest and was eating probably 300 + g of carbs a day and wasnt training.

I've regained most of the muscle i lost but im still cutting body fat slowly as i dont want to loose muscle in the process. Come august i should have visible abs again, but i dont do cardio im just using food to cut bodyfat so it will take longer.

I know my stuff, but putting it into practise when your family are carbaholics so the house is filled with shite food, my girlfriend loves nothing more than a good pizza/chippy/kfc/maccies etc whenever i stay over and the fact i dont do much active work in the day means its hard to eat as id like to and cut fatto my desired level. Rome wasnt built in a day though, and im in no rush to cut down.

Pic of you now then carl!
DizzyRebel

12th Jun 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

My mate who is in her 3rd year of Uni studying nutrition and dietetics (i think) says that the body can only use a certain amount of protein at any one time. Generally about 30g (although i guess that may differ depending on the size of the person). Taking in 50g of protein for breakfast alone seems a bit of an overkill.

No its not, as the first 30g of protein in the morning is used by your immune system so you need a further 20g minimum to feed your muscles.

Your body can only use 30g of protein every 2 hours if your a 9 stone desk jockey, but to anyone active it can use more. To build muscle and cut fat you need a minimum of 1 - 1.5 g of protein per lb of bodyweight. However protein has the highest TEF (thermic effect of food) so it requires more calories to digest it than any other nutrient, you actually burn 20 calories digesting 100 calories of protein.

The key to body composition is in food, people underestimate how anabolic food is and dismiss it in the quest for muscle or fat loss when infact its the most powerful tool out there.

When i was in spain i was staying with a mr universe winner and his wife who is a 3 time miss world figure winner too and they both told me that protein needs to be eaten at least 50g every meal a minimum of 6 times a day for optimum results. Im trying to follow it so i guess ill find out how well i do!
Carl

13th Jun 09 at 03:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dizzy, i'm a 6ft 2 ectomorph and I believe the most important muscle in the body is the heart. No matter what I eat (and i eat shit loads of carbs and crap food) I don't add weight, the thing is the more I eat the hungrier I get! I'm quite strong, but that is based on being able to knock people off the ball and generally being to boss it on a Sunday morning (Sunday league), although I intend to try add a stone on in mass, I currently weight 12and a half stone, I think 13 and a half and fit would be spot on.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eating at night 23 database queries in 0.0087891 seconds