corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help plz on conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help plz on conversion
cor5asri

User status: Offline
16th Jun 09 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i hav got a 1993 cav sri 8v and i am after puttin the engine in my1994 corsa sri 8v and require some technical knowledge.

locating the engine in the bay will i have to do any chopping?

what wiring will i have to modify?

plumbing the engine, is it all the same?

for the drive shafts what would be reccomended?
( i was thinking of using the cavalier box )

will the exhaust manifold snag?

and is there anything else you can think of which could be possibly a problem?

i trying to do all this on a samll budget and any help is grately appreciated!!!
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
16th Jun 09 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from my reply in General:

2.0 8v yeah?

You can put the engine straight onto the corsa F13/F15 gearbox if you use the corsa flywheel.. The engine sits right over near the drivers side inner wing though you will need an engine mount..

As for using the cav gearbox, follow the XE guide, but to be honest you might as well get an XE if you are going to do that.

The exhaust manifold will hit the ARB if you've got one, the cheap option is to just remove the ARB

New Poll