corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Any muscle injury know-all kids in the house?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any muscle injury know-all kids in the house?
liamC

User status: Offline
9th Jun 09 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stupid I know, but I did my groin in playing football last week... felt a little bit tight still before playing tonight, and as soon as I kicked a ball my groin went for a burton. Only had the minimum amount of players as usual, and no subs, so I had to play.

Did 70 minutes and had to go off.

Now I can barely walk and I'm in absolute agony. Is there anything I can do to help it fix other than doing the obvious resting for a couple of weeks?
MarkM

9th Jun 09 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hot and cold applied to the area.
J da Silva

9th Jun 09 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Warm up for a good 10-15mins before, stretching and so on, I'm a great believer in prevent the problem before it happens, because the groin area is a pain in the bum when it comes to muscular tears, anyway to solve the problem at hand...

Immediately after = apply cold compress.
During healing and the short term after = warm hot water bottle or one of them heat pads.

It's one of them things where you could be about to play again and it would feel fine and during the game also but when you come off and tighten it feels like Duncan Ferguson just volleyed you in the crackers.
liamC

9th Jun 09 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers gents

Had a cold bottle on my leg tonight and will purchase a hot water bottle tomorrow
J da Silva

9th Jun 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get them beanbag type things that you stick in the microwave and acts like a water bottle, but it's more flexible and you can get some that smell of lavendar etc...
liamC

9th Jun 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, my lass has got one of them now you mention it!

I do warm up, but last week was the first time I'd done 90 minutes since, erm, ever. Just need to get used to it.
mikenoncorsa

9th Jun 09 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got ultrasound treatment tomo and friday as i pulled my thigh muscle 4 months ago but thought it'd heal. My advice is heat for a couple of hours (hot water bottle/muscle rub), gently stretch ( don't over do it) then ice/cool. Cos i never got mine checked it has really done damage and i have a knot type feeling under the skin of my thigh. Starting 10/12 weeks of physio next week too
liamC

9th Jun 09 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I have to do that then I will actually cry.

Just been out for 3 months with a fractured ankle and damaged ligaments.
mikenoncorsa

9th Jun 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know mate, missed 5 cup finals and the whole end of season, was gutting watching from the sidelines but my own fault. I hardly warmed up properly so once i'm fit this will be my focus. On the plus side, the nurse looking after me is pretty fit
J da Silva

9th Jun 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well we should start 'injured day' as I'm laid up at the minute with a partially severed cruciate ligament. Had the news a couple of days ago that it's going to take a lot longer to get me back playing than I thought it would, I originally had in my mind that I'd be out for over 6months with me having 2 op's on it already, then I was told that it wasn't as bad as first thought and I'd be up and buzzing for the end of June, then after further snooping around I've been told I won't be kicking a football until atleast October.
mikenoncorsa

9th Jun 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kinda puts my dodgy thigh to shame, hope you mend some Jizzy. My mate did his cruciate last year, kinda snapped and gave way as he landed after a header, was horrible
J da Silva

9th Jun 09 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've broke my leg and snapped my cruciate (twice) and snapping a ligament hurts far worse than breaking a bone as weird as that may sound.
But I will do my upmost best in order to keep fit and enjoy my sports as it's a big part of me, I'd be a tense badger sat in the house otherwise.
richardworrall
Premium Member

10th Jun 09 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im in recovery of a groin strain myself, did it running - too much too soon. Had physio last week. A good stretching/strengthening exercise he gave me is to lie on your back, knees up with soles of feet together. Gently let legs fall open, place hands on inside of knees and 'very gently' push against hands for slow count of ten. Relax for 10 secs then let legs fall further apart and repeat another slow count, relax then same again.
When done dont lift legs on their own, push together with hands as with the muscle at its stretched position can be damaged easily.
That seems to be helping me although im getting really impatient and desperate to start the running again, tried tonight and only managed 30 seconds before having to give up.
DizzyRebel

11th Jun 09 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use the the muscle thats injured, it will make it heal faster. Resting it means it will take longer to heal and be stiff as fuck for ages.
liamC

17th Jun 09 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it's been 8 days since I played and around 30% of my inner thigh (Not my groin - just a little below), is all bruised with a yellow colour - a small part, maybe 5/10% worth - black and blue in places

Any ideas? A rupture? Tear? Imminent death?
richardworrall
Premium Member

17th Jun 09 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get yourself to a good physio, they'll be able to work out exactly whats gone wrong

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Any muscle injury know-all kids in the house? 24 database queries in 0.0120878 seconds