corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 0% balance tranf. credit card..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 0% balance tranf. credit card..
corsa_paz

User status: Offline
18th Jun 09 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it just me or is it really hard to get accepted to get a new card?

ive tried with 3 different banks and i keep getting rejected!

ive moved from my old house from birth to new house 2 years back..does it make a difference who was living here before and how their credit rating was??

im 28, my own place, pay bills on time, one or two may have slipped the net in the last 6months, but nothing major such as CCJ, defaults etc..

ive applied for my credit report to be sent to me, but its so annoying!!

aim1

18th Jun 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The credit report will soon tell you whats what!
Brett
Premium Member

18th Jun 09 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it's just the 'current climate' (hate saying that).

You're shooting yourself in the foot by keep applying for different ones tho as it shows up on your report each time as being declined and other lendors may base their decisions on other lendors decisions, etc.

From my experience...if the cash isn't readily available then don't buy it.
Nick-S

18th Jun 09 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Credit cards are the worst and most expensive way to borrow money.
Matt L

18th Jun 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my gf got turned down for a credit card a month ago because she is too safe with money but she was told that once one bank turns you down it shows up on your report or something so others will look and just kind of automatically reject you .

dont know how it all works to be honest.
corsa_paz

18th Jun 09 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just want to bal trans my one and only store card which im paying alot of interest on..

ARD1

18th Jun 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just done mine with barclay card went through online on thursday, card arrived today, doing a balance transfer now
John

18th Jun 09 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've found it really easy to get them even in the past year.
pow
Premium Member

18th Jun 09 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had no trouble what so ever with 2 CC's.
Phi

18th Jun 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant get credit cards/store cards or overdrafts, apparently havnt got a credit rating... but i can get loans and i have monthly direct debits and always have money left in my account everymonth... its good thing though, otherwise id be in debt!!

im going to get a credit report done though, because i want to see if there is anythign bad on there i dont knwo about!
saj_123

18th Jun 09 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its really difficult as you are probably aware. My mum has two houses on her name earns a bit and pays bills on time and she was refused!
deano87

18th Jun 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did one of those credit reports when I was bored distracting myself from Uni work. I had the highest rating you can possibly have, and I've had over 4 credit cards since I turned 18.
deano87

18th Jun 09 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_phi
i cant get credit cards/store cards or overdrafts, apparently havnt got a credit rating... but i can get loans and i have monthly direct debits and always have money left in my account everymonth... its good thing though, otherwise id be in debt!!

im going to get a credit report done though, because i want to see if there is anythign bad on there i dont knwo about!

It's a bit like trying to get a graduate job though. You won't get a job without experience, but it's hard getting experience. You don't get a good credit rating, unless you have had credit. It even includes a mobile phone pay monthly contract, and that is the way most people get their credit rating going.
Phi

18th Jun 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant even geta mobile phone contract ..thats the thing , i dont want one anyway , but thats not the point really.
corsa_paz

18th Jun 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im paying mobile phone, land line, mortgage, few direct debits, and still been refused.???

this country is gettin insane by the day!
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jun 09 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That may be the reason wh then. They may see that as you having no more expendable income.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 0% balance tranf. credit card.. 23 database queries in 0.0145080 seconds