corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Stupid news headlines

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stupid news headlines
sand-eel

User status: Offline
18th Jun 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.aol.co.uk/plane-with-dead-pilot-lands-safely/article/20090618130310642860526

like so, it pisses me off quite often, this one makes you think it landed its self with autopilot but no there were 2 others FFS, useless story.

[Edited on 18-06-2009 by sand-eel]
ed

18th Jun 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's why you have two or more pilots for commercial operations
ed

18th Jun 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But I have noticed that whenever anything related in aviation is in the news, it is always reported in a retarded way. It's as if the reporters think that people are idiots...
Hammer

18th Jun 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That headline is completely factual

Try reading The Sun every day, in fact don't your brain will turn to mush.
Ste
Premium Member

18th Jun 09 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the fact that he died whilst flying that was the issue. Not the fact that it landed safely by one of the other pilots on board.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Adam_B

18th Jun 09 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The anoying thing is though that its not retarded or idiotic, its well thought out to drag your attention into another mind numbing dull story that if the headline actually related honestly to, you wouldnt even think twice about it, let alone take the time to read it.
Ste
Premium Member

18th Jun 09 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On another note, I thought it was illegal for the crew to allow anyone other than aircrew into the cockpit during flight?

Regarding headlines. They are a headline i.e. one line to expound the whole article.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
noshua

18th Jun 09 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
On another note, I thought it was illegal for the crew to allow anyone other than aircrew into the cockpit during flight?

Regarding headlines. They are a headline i.e. one line to expound the whole article.

I'm guessing this was a one off, due to the circumstances.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Stupid news headlines 24 database queries in 0.0104370 seconds