corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa lowered -60mm all round on jamex springs.... exhaust rubbing on rear axle!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa lowered -60mm all round on jamex springs.... exhaust rubbing on rear axle!!!
DanCorsaBVan

User status: Offline
15th Jun 09 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exhaust bangs and rubs on my rear axle wen i got over bumps etc, ive cable tied it up round the rubber bushes wish does help but still does it.... just thought they must be a way round it as people drop their corsas a lot more than 60 mm!!! anybody know what can be done ? or does everyone just suffer quietly to b riding lower haha.....
john_c20xe

15th Jun 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what system to yo have mate?
ive got a 2.5 inch system all the way through at it doesn't bang about
DanCorsaBVan

16th Jun 09 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just totally standard exhaust at minute, ive just put cav slabs on it and cable tied the centre section bushes and seems a lot better is a tad higher now with bigger wheels on it. considering new exhaust dont know wether to just go for back box or cat back .... jst worried cat back will be too loud. . . cheers
john_c20xe

16th Jun 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends what system you get, on my old gsi i had pipe 3.5 inch rear box, staright through centre pipe with no silencer, decat and 421, sounded way to loud really
DanCorsaBVan

17th Jun 09 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye well mines only a 1.4 8v anyway and would rather have cat-back jst wouldnt want it to be too loud... seen those GT3 ones on ebay 90 quid for back box and only 40 quid more at 130 for the cat-back so think i may go cat-back , fooook it ! haha

[Edited on 17-06-2009 by DanCorsaBVan]
Daveskater
Premium Member

17th Jun 09 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you loosen off the clamp on the backbox and push the centre pipe in a bit more, that should sort it, you may need to twist it slightly as well.

Alternatively, bodge it like I did

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
DanCorsaBVan

18th Jun 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh i see wt u mean, cheers ill try that. thanks , been a lot better nw i put it on cav slabs neway must jst sit a tad higher but there r some meeeean potholes out there so ill give tht a go.
Haimsey
Premium Member

18th Jun 09 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did the exact same as above. Driveway bodgery FTW.

I used an ARB rubber, which looks like what was also used above.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Jun 09 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great minds mate

I used an exhaust mounting rubber though Bought 2 new ones when fitting the backbox, so cut the middle out of one of the old ones.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Haimsey
Premium Member

19th Jun 09 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was the only option for me in the end, the garage couldnt find anywhere that it was knocking Even though there was clear signs of metal on metal contact between the exhaust clamp and the rear beam.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Daveskater
Premium Member

19th Jun 09 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put my backbox on and then went 5 miles up the road and then back, it was a proper loud noise so I felt well embarrassed

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures

New Poll