corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Made an offer on a place...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Made an offer on a place...
Cavey

User status: Offline
   25th Jun 09 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Made an offer on a place, it's a repossession, and apparenlty they'd already had an offer of 123 accepted, but I was told I could still bid, so I did, at 125k

I've sorted out a mortgage, got them to send the agreement in principle and placed a bid which went in on Friday, we haven't heard anything from them since them, I have been to the estate agents and they say they've not heard anything and we'll know when they know.

How long should it realistically take for them to say yes or no. The place we're looking at is a bargain at 125, so want to get the process going quickly really (also don't want people bidding over us like we did...)

Getting a bit annoyed at not knowing either way whats happening
John

25th Jun 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they told you what you had to bid over there's a good chance they'll suggest 130k to the next person that asks.
Cavey

25th Jun 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what we thought, but just want to know whether that's the situation or not, it's the waiting and not knowing that's annoying us.

The agent asked if we could go higher if needed, I didn't answer that one.

£125k was the asking price, so we went in for that, tbh, we weren't asked to go higher, we just did.

There were 4 structuarally identical properties repo'd, this is the last, there's a nicer one next door, better carpet, better general decor, which went for £133k. One went for 109k which was completely stripped, no radiators, boiler, carpets etc...

Also, apparently the 123k bid was accepted, and put in the paper for a week to see if there was any more interest, we didn't think we'd get finance for it, so didn't bother, and i think it was 10 days or so after the 123 bid got accepted that we got interested

[Edited on 25-06-2009 by Cavey]
Cavey

27th Jun 09 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turns out the company that's selling it, the person who was dealing with the sale went on holiday, hence no reply about the offer.

So gonna go in on monday and bug the agents about it, see what's cracking off. In theory if the sellers haven't recieved my offer then they'll have been going ahead with the 123k off, which isn't good for us.
_Allan_

27th Jun 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good Luck anyway
Cavey

27th Jun 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully we'll get something sorted next week, the annoying thing is i'm ready to go in with an ultimatum, we want it sorted by wednesday, otherwise we're out kinda thing, but at the same time the house is worth a lot more than it's currently going for, so don't want to miss out on it.

New Poll