corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help Please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help Please
14LS

User status: Offline
13th Jul 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 97 1.4 8V (With Coil Pack), runs like a dream but when you put your foot down a bit firmer (pulling away at roundabouts for example) its slow to pick up as if its choking then it does pick up. Its had a new timing belt, full service with all fluids and filters changed. Only done 60,000 miles.

The leads and plugs look ancient so have a new set of bosch leads and plugs in the post - do you think this will help?? (wont do it any harm im sure). The cars great though, gets a 1200 miles a month under its belt (done 3500 in last 2.5 months) and runs well bar this occasional chocking.
johnhara1

13th Jul 09 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My fiesta did this when cold and low on fuel. My friends 1.2 8v Corsa (with coil pack) did exactly the same thing as your describing too.

We didn't pin down the problem as we both sold the cars on sorry. I was thinking along the lines of a blocked cat or fuel filter.

I could be completely wrong though so don't quote me.

[Edited on 13-07-2009 by johnhara1]
14LS

13th Jul 09 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol not to worry mate, cheers though good to know its not just me, im stuck with the car for 3 years till unis over - just as well i like it! Ill pin point it yet!!
johnhara1

13th Jul 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edited.
14LS

13th Jul 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny you should say Fiesta as my 1.4 Fiesta did this too - i was in the process of tracking the fault down when it was stolen/written off so never did find it!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help Please 24 database queries in 0.0089412 seconds