corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » St Johns Mental Asylum

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author St Johns Mental Asylum
Adam_B

User status: Offline
1st Jul 09 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gave this 'urban exploring' thingy a go, was fun and quite interesting although its kind of a shame the location was so easy to get into as obviously loads of people had been before. We saw 2 other groups wandering around while we were there which as you can imagine is a bit spooky when you think your alone as you hear them long before you see them

St Johns was first built in 1852 and had loads of name changes and buildings added untill it closed in 1989, famous in its day for housing some really extreme cases, I dont really know anything else about it. The site itself is huge, inside it just looks like its mostly been trashed by vandals but some bits seem to have had work done on it recently but probably stopped due to lack of funding or similar. Outside are abondonded building materials and rubble from collapsed floors and walls, the outer walls actually look to have been recently tidyed up, maybe to make it more attractive to prospective buyers?

anyway-

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

collapsed floors, makes walking round an event just in itself!

Hosted on Fotki

a 'bedroom.' Looked more like a prison cell.

Hosted on Fotki

written by one of the last residents? St Johns closed for good in Dec 89.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Fantastic ceilings

Hosted on Fotki

Wallpaper alone is enough to drive you mad

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

main hall, was stunning!

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

these stairs were stunning as well

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

this is looking up from the ground floor through 2 ruined floors to the roof. looked like it could have come down at any moment!

Hosted on Fotki

childrens ward, Im not sure why there is a huge opening under the floor? I was ok going all round till we got to the kids bit, the atmosphere suddenly changed and its really quite erie. I felt a similar thing when walking up to the gas chambers at Auschwitz, if anyones been you will know what i mean.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

As i said, its a shame its so easy to get into

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

As usual i have lots more photos on fotki if your not bored to tears already

http://public.fotki.com/Adamski/other-stuff/out_and_about/2009/st-johns-mental-asylum/?cmd=links_to_photo&pid=

[Edited on 01-07-2009 by Adam_B]
Neo

1st Jul 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice pictures, very very dark though
Adam_B

1st Jul 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really? They look fine on my monitor...
Neo

1st Jul 09 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think you might be right, moved the page onto the second screen and much better Laptop screen must be dying

But yeah gorgeous pictures
Tomnova16
Premium Member

1st Jul 09 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reminds me of the canadian redcross hospital in clivedon/taplow has its own website,think it closed in early 80's few of my friends were born there. quite strange with all the noises especially when its a thunderstorm and your in the middle of the place.
its been demolished now and turned into retirement homes, how strange.
Heres the site
http://www.crcmh.com/
had baby incubators and strange contraptions all over the place

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Pete_vxl

1st Jul 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool!!!!
Neo

1st Jul 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
http://www.crcmh.com/

I used to drive past that every day and never knew it was there
Graham88

1st Jul 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wicked. I was looking through my old Urbex photos the other day thinking I need to go and do somewhere else. Getting caught by Police last time put me off for a while

Awesome pics though and captured the place quite well. The hole in the passageway is so strange
Adam_B

1st Jul 09 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The place was built in 1852 so wondering if its some sort of drainage thing? Some of the brickwork in there looked pretty modern though so i dunno!
andy1868

1st Jul 09 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome shots adam, where abouts is this?

if you fancy another one, you could try greaves hall at banks, but no doubt it'd be nowhere near as good as st john's as most of it has been knocked down. part of the main old building stands but it is very derelict. if you take a ladder i know of a way in (or should i say out? )

its been done alot though tbh, as seen here:
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=31629
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34606
Adam_B

1st Jul 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its in Lincoln i think, or there abouts. Went to see my friend for the day and she took me That one looks cool, dunno if its really something i will be making a habbit of. Probably will, got fuck all else to do at the moment
andy1868

1st Jul 09 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhhhhh i hadn't realised it was miles away. i've heard of another one up towards preston way (thats as clear as i can make it) where apparently theres quite abit to see, but its guarded full time as its a big site and ripe for vandals etc.

just a shame they've knocked most of the old hospital down on Scarisbrick New Road in southport, that would have been a good one to look round. Its something i'd like to do but haven't got the guts to
Adam_B

1st Jul 09 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a couple in Preston, there is one smack right in the middle of the city center that looks awesome but you would have to pull some spiderman shit to get in Id never do anyhting like this at night, yeah im a massive pufter too
andy1868

1st Jul 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

puff or sensible? some of these places are seriously fucking dangerous. afew years ago there was a young group of people that went into the old Flour Mill in Burscough, despite it being in good repair, the floors were rotten and one girl fell through the floor, then the floor underneath that and ended up hurting herself pretty badly, survived it though fortunately.

we were going to into Greaves Hall one night but decided against it at the last minute, we were shown in by somebody that had already been in, but unfortunately the only way in and out is a skylight, you can drop in with no issues, but getting out again is near impossible without something to climb on (which is why i mentioned the ladder )

in this photo, the newer low down bit on the right is where you get in, climb on the small metal fence and get on the roof, on there is an open skylight

[Edited on 01-07-2009 by andy1868]
mattk

1st Jul 09 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good pics Adam, looks like fun

Have a go at St. Josephs meminary in Wigan, me and a mate went in feb, that was a challenge!
JonnyJ

1st Jul 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So want to shoot a mental asylum

Great pics adam
x14xe ry

14th Jul 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mental homes are so scary there used to be down near me we went there one night ive never be so scared all my life interresting buildings through good pictures have a look for pictures of leyborne grage people said there buildings houses on now sod living there
Kurt

15th Jul 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome pics

would love to do some of this

i still need to get into the place near me in holmes chapel, its on 28dl already.. we tried once but caravan security scared us off..
Theres darkened windows too, its really quite eerie as you try to get up close to peek a look inside.. the thought of every zombie movie suddenly comes to mind

infact: http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=9288&highlight=holmes+chapel

Unfortunately the security caravan sits just under that roof on the right next to the gatehouse

[Edited on 15-07-2009 by Kurt]
andy1868

15th Jul 09 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i saw an awesome location on my travels last week, can't remember what the place was called though, not far from Leyland as i was heading out from AFL to the M6. yes i saw you adam but only as i was walking out and i was getting hassled . car looks sweet though. oh dear i appear to be rambling, so anyway theres an abandoned office block of some kind, big open building with all walls of glass. could be cool.

i'm going to go and search for it on google earth

[Edited on 15-07-2009 by andy1868]
Adam_B

15th Jul 09 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive no idea where you mean Unless it was near B&Q?
andy1868

16th Jul 09 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have no idea where B&Q is tbh

think i've found it, but in the aerial photo its not un-used so i don't know if i'm right or not, location seems about right though. Just coming out of Eccleston towards Heskin

Adam_B

16th Jul 09 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right, never really go to that part of the world!

Might have to check it out though

[Edited on 16-07-2009 by Adam_B]
bubble

23rd Jul 09 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cotton college near me is fair eery. got in once to see rooms like this, old classrooms with stuff still there. everytime we go now, security come with dogs and range rovers.

also, stallington mental asylum, i got in a few months ago, took some photos and in one particular area, there was mist and orbs. bit of an arsehole moment going on tbh

same night went to a place called croxden abbey, old monk place, apparently in one particular area, hodded figures are seen walking around

open graves

this mist only appeared in this spot under an archway

Daveskater
Premium Member

23rd Jul 09 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice pics mate, something I'm wondering whether to try, but don't know if I have the stones
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Awesome pics though and captured the place quite well. The hole in the passageway is so strange
It was probably used to put pipes etc in, they used to do that a lot in old buildings. All about ceiling voids these days

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Corsa_Quadz

27th Jul 09 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id absolutely cack my wack entering any of those places! Theres just something really creepy about things like that that would make me just leg it out of there in an instant! Fantastic pics though very nice to look at

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » St Johns Mental Asylum 25 database queries in 0.0182910 seconds