corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bobby Robson

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bobby Robson
Nath

User status: Offline
31st Jul 09 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd imagine Mourinho will be pretty cut up by this. He attributes alot of his success to Sir Bobby.
Ojc

31st Jul 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ferguson said: “I was never too big or proud to ask him for advice which he gave freely and unconditionally.

Article continues below...

“In my 23 years working in England there is not a person I would put an inch above Bobby Robson. I mourn the passing of a great friend, a wonderful individual, a tremendous football man and somebody with passion and knowledge of the game that was unsurpassed.

“The strength and courage he showed over the past couple of years when battling against his fifth bout of cancer was indescribable. Always a smile, always a friendly word with never a mention of his own problems. The world, not just the football world, will miss him. Let's hope it won't be long before another like him turns up because we could never get enough of them.”

Mourinho, who worked under Robson at Barcelona, added: “I have no words to speak about Mr Robson. That's why for a few months I have been unable to talk to him. It is difficult to accept such a person is no longer with us - but he is immortal because he leaves in everybody who knows him a mark of his personality - a great coach but, more than that, a great person.”
Cavey

31st Jul 09 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"I didn't speak with him [Robson] for the last two months because I was in difficulty.

"I was in difficulty because I didn't want to think that he was about to finish. It was not the image I wanted to take with me.

"It wasn't the voice I wanted to hear. I will always remember the Bobby Robson who had passion for life and football and who always had enthusiasm.

"Bobby Robson is one of those people who never die for all that they have given to people like myself, who had the fortune to walk by his side. My thoughts are with all of his dearest."

Statement from Mourinho's website. SSN just had something from him as well, something like "I can't believe he's gone, He was a great man"
Richie B

31st Jul 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Did anyone see Kieron Dyer just being interviewed?

Could hardly speak, was tears in his eyes. With Kieron being an Ipswich lad through and through thats how much he meant.

Is there a link to watch he said? Even written? I heard about that but haven't read.

He did a lot for his career too
Ojc

31st Jul 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's being repeated on Sky Sports.

Dyer was a better player at Ipswich.
Mad Moe

31st Jul 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes done alot for his career only for Dyer to stab him in the back when things weren't going so well at Newcastle. Horrible little cretin that Dyer is!
Ojc

31st Jul 09 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did laugh when Dyer said in his interview

"all these pre madonna footballers these days"

Yes Kieron, you yourself. There was a picture of his 911 Turbo posted on the Ipswich forum the other day parked in a disabled parking space, badly I might add.
Ojc

31st Jul 09 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone seen Gazzas statement yet? Supposed to have been really emotional.
Tommy L

31st Jul 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True legend. RIP
Mad Moe

31st Jul 09 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could imagine Gazza being a bit of a State, you could tell he was very emotional just seeing him at St James on Sunday
Ojc

31st Jul 09 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tempted to go to the Ipswich game tonight against Real Valladolid but it's an expense I could do without at the moment.

Gutted as it's going to be a long time before I get to celebrate such an Ipswich legend like him ever again
JonnyJ

31st Jul 09 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted. Never met him obviously but he seemed such a genuine nice bloke who lived for football. He will be sadly missed.

RIP Sir Bobby Robson. Legend
DC90

31st Jul 09 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Massive loss for football. RIP.
Danny P

31st Jul 09 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Tempted to go to the Ipswich game tonight against Real Valladolid but it's an expense I could do without at the moment.

Gutted as it's going to be a long time before I get to celebrate such an Ipswich legend like him ever again

Get yourself there mate. If I was anywhere even close i'd be making my way over.

RIP to a true great.
Ojc

31st Jul 09 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good news is we are beating Real Valladolid 2-1

Two of our promising youngsters scored,
Pim Balkenstein who is Dutch and Connor Wickham who will be the new Wayne Rooney.
Ojc

31st Jul 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3-1

Connor Wickham again

Premiership by January.
liamC

1st Aug 09 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RIP big man. Absolute legend
jonnysri

1st Aug 09 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i find it impossible to think that anybody that met him would dislike him. theres no1 else in the world that is repected and liked by every football fan in the world.

sad times. RIP Bobby

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bobby Robson 24 database queries in 0.0165498 seconds