corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car Alarms

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car Alarms
joeglow

User status: Offline
   4th Aug 09 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Alarm systems do people recommend?

Thanks

[Edited on 04-08-2009 by joeglow]
DaveyLC

4th Aug 09 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TOAD.
Toby
Premium Member

4th Aug 09 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed
Whittie

4th Aug 09 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clifford. Was awesome on my old car
Root

5th Aug 09 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have a common alarm, it's 'avital'...I can't say like the people above "it's excellent and I highly reccommend it"...it's an alarm system and it has always worked when people have broken a window or tampered with my car....so it does it's job, idk why people always reccommend toad or clifford because they are common brands...even if they do work well, this avital alarm system has always worked for me and comes with functions like re-arming and all the usual jist.

Get whatever alarm you want, they all work unless you buy one from netto it will probably fuck up. Just make sure it's quality. Use google and shit.

[Edited on 05-08-2009 by Root]
chloe16v

5th Aug 09 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

toad ai606
joeglow

5th Aug 09 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have heard many people saying that the Toad ai606 is a pretty good alarm.

Any other alarms that people have that they would recommend, Make and Model of Alarm.

Thanks.
Steveocee

5th Aug 09 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sigma, Clifford, Sniper, Avital
AlexW

5th Aug 09 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gemini. Cheaper than most but is still decent enough.
Oh and a alarm is preety useless without a imobliser. And in todays world were people break into your house for the keys its a good idea for a tracker (Even my rubbuish nova has one)
Steveocee

5th Aug 09 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Gemini. Cheaper than most but is still decent enough.
Oh and a alarm is preety useless without a imobliser. And in todays world were people break into your house for the keys its a good idea for a tracker (Even my rubbuish nova has one)

Depends what you want the alarm for though, an immobiliser is only ever any good of they are trying to steal your car. Plus most corsa's (not sure if all) have factory immobiliser anyway i thought?

I have a sniper easy fit on mine it took me all of 7 wires to fit it and it does exactly what i need it to.
AlexW

5th Aug 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True didnt think of that lol, But even a alarm wont make much differance, if a theif has seen somthing they want they aint going to care about a alarm going off! lol
P1CK4D

5th Aug 09 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cb87
toad ai606

Steveocee

5th Aug 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
True didnt think of that lol, But even a alarm wont make much differance, if a theif has seen somthing they want they aint going to care about a alarm going off! lol

Very true again, the only purpose of an alarm is to raise awareness that the vehicle has been broken into, pretty much 99.9% of people will respond by saying they'll go down in the middle of the night with baseball bat in hand etc...

About 20% ever would.
Root

5th Aug 09 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steveocee
quote:

Very true again, the only purpose of an alarm is to raise awareness that the vehicle has been broken into, pretty much 99.9% of people will respond by saying they'll go down in the middle of the night with baseball bat in hand etc...

About 20% ever would.

I once had my car broken into because I accidentally left £5 in the car, my dad's sat nav that I borrowed was in the glovebox, 'cus the alarm went off, they grabbed the fiver and ran off. Lucky that!

Also I was at my parents one time and I heard the sound of breaking windows, went outside, it was a downstairs flat being broken into, I shouted my dad and we ran after them with baseball bats. The cops saw me and made me throw it down which was funny as I was almost arrested for it. lol, so I'd go outside if someone was stealing something...it's not right to just take other people's property. Didn't even know the person who's flat it was but still, don't need people breaking into places near my mums.

New Poll