corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Orange Mobile Phone

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Orange Mobile Phone
StueyBoy1989

User status: Offline
   13th Aug 09 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically quick question for any one who's on orange, at the moment i'm looking at different contract offers. I'm looking at getting either Samsung Pixon or Nokia E71 an a 'free' PS3. I'm with o2 at the mo, but on the offer they dont give you any internet time where as orange offer 500mb is this alot of surfing time?
I would also get 1200 mins an unlimited texts, i need the texts but not the mins but aye cant complain.

So basically, whats signal like on orange?

any reasons why i shouldnt go with them? bearing in mind it will be 24 month contract! so want to make sure that i can actually use the phone!
AlunJ

13th Aug 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never ever had a problem with signal on orange if I'm honest, and I've been with them 10years
Neo

13th Aug 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Varies, I can have brilliant signal everywhere else where i live but in the pub

Where i used to live and work i had to go outside to send a text....it all varies tbh.
Brett
Premium Member

13th Aug 09 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no point asking anyone on here what the signal is like for them.

Personally with my Orange phone I get reception everywhere except inside my house and my folks house. This is why I've cancelled my contract with them.

These 'free ps3' deals aren't too hot either really as you pay for it in the long run. I'm guessing it's a 24month contract at £40-£45? Screw that.
mattfiesta

13th Aug 09 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I changed to orange from o2 3 weeks ago and it was a terrible idea, the signal varies so much with orange, sometimes I have to stand at the top of the garden just to get 1 bar and other times I will get 4 bars in the house, its pathetic. I'm cancelling and going back to o2 soon.

[Edited on 13-08-2009 by mattfiesta]
Brett
Premium Member

13th Aug 09 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of curiosity, how are you going to cancel soon?
Jonny P

13th Aug 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Out of curiosity, how are you going to cancel soon?
:

fromt he 1st september orange are increasing their out of allowance call costs from 5p per min to 15p mer min and data usage will go upto 60p per day for effectively 25mb.

thats the bad part but wait for it...

in oranges own terms and conditions it states that subscribers may cancel their contracts if changes to contract terms result "in an excessive increase in the charges or changes that alter your rights under this contract to your detriment."

so basically call them, tell them you think their new charges are a joke, cancel your contract and take a new one.. im 4 month into my contract and am awaiting a call back from a manager at orange re. this.

Brett
Premium Member

13th Aug 09 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think you should look into that again mate. Doesn't work now as they've reverted back to the old T&C's.

http://www.bitterwallet.com/bitterwallet-readers-force-orange-to-scrap-new-call-charges/16612
StueyBoy1989

13th Aug 09 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know that you pay extra for the ps3, but i'd rather do it this way then take a big whack of 400 quid buying one from the shop.
After speaking to a friend on orange they said signal is crap. so thats the end of that. Not so sure what to do now. back to mobiles.co.uk to find a different phone.
GF-91
Banned

13th Aug 09 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Orange is fantastic for signal. I pretty much always have coverage.
i got 600 mins and unlimited texts for £22.50, and extra unlimited internet browsing for £6 extra a month.
Already got a PS3, no need for another
StueyBoy1989

13th Aug 09 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hear this an reconsider. i want a ps3 so i'm gonna get one with my phone contract, its not just the ps3 its also the bluray etc.
DaveyLC

13th Aug 09 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just by a PS3.. You end up paying for it anyway with the contract. If you honestly believe you are getting a 'FREE' PS3 you are a mug.
Ian W

13th Aug 09 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye, I was tempted by a 'free' gift but if you do the maths your paying more than it costs to buy it outright.

I ended up getting10 months half price line rental
StueyBoy1989

13th Aug 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obv i dont think its free, so i'm not a mug.....thats why im tryin to get the best contract deal i can. but you obv didnt notice that congrats.
DaveyLC

13th Aug 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact that you are even considering their marketing scam isnt doing you any favours lol
StueyBoy1989

13th Aug 09 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wel due to the fact there no phones out there i half interested in i'v narrowed it down to these 2, an with them i can get a ps3. obv there making money out of it. Iv been able to upgrade for the last 8 months and now my phones coming to an end of its life span. so really its just an option im exploring. but sorry i wont discuss it in off day again.
Anty
Premium Member

13th Aug 09 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im on payg.. bit crap with selection traffis

might got t-mobile
Brett
Premium Member

13th Aug 09 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by StueyBoy1989
i hear this an reconsider.

He's a fair few miles from you, you know?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Orange Mobile Phone 23 database queries in 0.0366580 seconds