corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Arden Blue c20xe B

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden Blue c20xe B
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
20th Aug 09 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make - Vauxshizzle
Model - Corshizzle
Engine - c20xe
Mileage - 100k on shell, unknown on engine
Price - £1500

Location - (same as my profile)
Contact phone number - u2u
Contact email address - u2u

General information -

Tax to the end of the month
MOT due, but is getting done a day this week

The good stuff:

-Started life as an Arden Blue 1.4 Sport. Guy that had it before me machine polished it, it comes up lovely with a good wash
-Late ('93) C20XE engine
-Carbon fibre enclosed induction kit
-Ecotec plate
-Full stainless exhaust with de-cat, middle box and backbox, not overly loud
-New Bosch Super 4 spark plugs and new oil in the last couple of weeks
-Front coilovers with rear shocks and springs (not sure on make, drop of around 60mm)
-Vectra V6 brakes (LMF kit)
-15" tasteful TSW alloys with EF1's on the front and T1S's on the back, ok treads
-Single bucket seat with rest of interior as should be, along with a Rickbrook gearknob and carbon fibre Sparco pedals
Ran a 14.9 @ 94mph at Crail.

Not so good:
-Bonnet has the laquer peeling about the size of a 1p coin beside the grille from where my mate went too close with a powerwasher. A few stonechips as well.
-Wheels on one side are quite badly kerbed
-EML light keeps coming on intermitantly when driving at a constant speed on the motorway. I've changed the coolant temp sensor which helped, but it still comes on sometimes. It doesn't affect the way it drives so I've not really tried anything else.
-Few rust spots around edge of bonnet and boot lid.
-Speedo doesn't work - got the plug to make it work, I just need a transducer for the gearbox to have it working

On Hogmany(!) the cambelt snapped - all 16 valves were bent and some valve guides cracked. I took the head off, steam cleaned it and replaced all 16 valves, guides and stem seals along with a gasket set and it's ran great since. I don't rev over 3k until it's heated up and it's never abused.

The conversion was carried out by a place in Essex and I've got a bunch of receipts for the engine and everything involved - I bought it off someone from Manchester with the conversion already done.

All round it's a pretty solid motor and has a ton of potential - I've never had the money to do the things I had planned for it!

Pics... (induction kit has been changed since)

[Edited on 20-08-2009 by alan-g-w]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Arden Blue c20xe B 25 database queries in 0.0103750 seconds