corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Bastards getting my home phone number...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bastards getting my home phone number...
Twiggy

User status: Offline
20th Aug 09 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When we moved in to our new house we changed our land land as we just kept getting sales calls etc....

Any calls we make to companys we do off our mobiles.

Yet i have been getting calls off capital one? As i did not reconise the number i looked on line as its them, no answer phone message either...

Where the fuck have they got our number from?
Cosmo

20th Aug 09 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make your number x-directory and get that BT thing where they stop sales calls like those.
Twiggy

20th Aug 09 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It must be BT selling the numbers? Them us and are parents are the only people that know the number?
Cosmo

20th Aug 09 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its not x directory then it'll be around for these companies to find easy enough.
Twiggy

20th Aug 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did anything come of that thing on Dragons Den then fucks off the numbers...?
Cosmo

20th Aug 09 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was the most ridiculous product, as it doesnt bar the calls it just makes them say who they are and then you still have to answer the phone and either take or not take the call.

Isnt the the same as just picking up the phone and putting it right back down when you find out its a sales call?
Twiggy

20th Aug 09 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure of exactly what it does... But they went mad for it... All invested?
Sam
Premium Member

20th Aug 09 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
When we moved in to our new house we changed our land land as we just kept getting sales calls etc....

Any calls we make to companys we do off our mobiles.

Yet i have been getting calls off capital one? As i did not reconise the number i looked on line as its them, no answer phone message either...

Where the fuck have they got our number from?

Are the sales calls for anyone currently residing at your house? If not, then it may be for a previous occupant - we keep getting calls from British Gas for the person that used to own our house and I've lost count of the number of times I've told them that person doesn't exist here and to remove the number from their database etc. We also get those automated calls offering debt management/IVAs etc. really fucks me off.

We are also supposed to be on the TPS too, like fuck does that make any difference these bastards still call.

Anyway back to the point of my post... Basically BT recycle numbers so it's possible that if the calls aren't for you or yours so to speak, that the number used to belong to a previous occupant of your home.
Twiggy

21st Aug 09 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are asking for me
Neo

21st Aug 09 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing i have found is to ask if they know what tps is, then if they are aware your registered, and finally ask for the company name as your going to report it to police 99 times out of 100 they will hang up the second you say that.

New Poll