corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Cash back credit cards

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cash back credit cards
deano87

User status: Offline
19th Aug 09 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I currently have 3 credit cards. However, I'm going to be reducing this down to 1 very shortly after clearing debts. The one I'll be keeping is my Virgin one. They continuously have excellent deals for purchases under £250 and over £250 and balance transfers.

My Barclaycard one is going because of shit rates and the balance transfer is paid off, so I simply don't need it.

Sainsbury's one is at £0, but I don't need it, so will just cancel it.

However now I'm working full time and have a few more continuous monthly outgoings, I was thinking of getting a cash back credit card, to earn a bit of extra cash to go towards holidays etc. I would be buying things like groceries and petrol on it, then paying off when each statement comes through.

Who has one? Anyone had any problems actually getting the 'cash back' credited to your account? Should I even bother? I don't want one of the Shell/Citi ones as there is no Shell garage near me. I was thinking the ASDA one which gives quite good rates in store and on other purchases, however you only get ASDA vouchers.

Recaro1

20th Aug 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a capital one mastercard one.

Had it 2 years, when i got it I it was 3% on everything for 3 months then dropped to 1%.

I put everything on it - groceries, bills, petrol, etc and pay the full off each month.

I've not had a problem getting the money. They credit your account after 12months. Think the last one I had was £140. Its not an amazing figure but £140 for doing nothing different then you normally would do on a credit card aint bad.

I know American express do one thats not bad but quite a few places dont take amex. If you go for one which gives a higher percentage for the 1st 3 months, try and time it when you know you'll be spending a lot like christmas.

I did mine when I just bought a house and had to pay for a new kitchen and bathroom.

[Edited on 20-08-2009 by Recaro1]
deano87

20th Aug 09 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't realise the percentages were so low. My monthly out goings aren't that high. I spend about £70 a month on fuel, so that's only 70p per month, it's not worth it

[Edited on 20-08-2009 by deano87]
AndyKent

21st Aug 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got two, an Egg credit card which gives 1% on all spending and a Shell (Citibank) one.

The Egg is pointless as it pays so little and only gives you cashback every April so you have to wait ages to get anything back.

The Shell one gives me 1% off normal purchases and 3% off all fuel bought from a Shell station. Spend about £100 a month on diesel and probably another £100 or so on other bits and pieces so basically in the course of a year I get about £70 to £80 back. They knock cashback straight off your bill each month. Only a small amount each month, but at the end if you can say you've got a couple of tanks of fuel for free, its not too bad.
Especially when you are spending the money anyway.

The

New Poll