corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa sport 1.6 16v Exhaust manifold and system???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa sport 1.6 16v Exhaust manifold and system???
RED REY

User status: Offline
26th Aug 09 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, im still in a rut with my corsa wether to spend money on it or get rid!?

Its an s reg arden blue with black compos and slightly lowerd, otherwise its standard, looking to put an inlet manifold and and exhaust to release the power and just to get it to be reliable and reasonably fast

The system is standard, doesnt fit properly and is leacking! ive looking at getin a sportex manifold and system can get one for about £300 i think
But whats the score with the cat? im guessing it doesnt come with one for that price but what effect will it have on the car?
Also with the new manifold will it have that heatyed pump thing or will it just not have one, id rather it didnt have one so i dont have to blank it off?
ill be fitting and inlet manifold at some point so the egr valve will be coming off
Richardhhha

26th Aug 09 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do not get a sportx manifold.. they are seriously shite... had one on my 14xe and it wouldnt pass the emmisions with it on.

Janspeed or similar (o2 sensor needs to pick up off all 4 cylinders) would be your best choise

the VX 16v inlet manifolds are good, better made than Flame off heres manifolds but they do the same job at the end of the day.

then i'd say yes get a sportx cat back system, and it will make a difference to the car..

will have a Janspeed center & rear exhaust system for sale soon, just need to clean it up
RED REY

27th Aug 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kl thanks for the advice, what typwe of price we talking for a decent manifold?
Richardhhha

27th Aug 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

about £160 to £200 for a decent manifold.

Janspeed one on ebay

Stainless Steel manifold on ebay (very very similar to a raceland one that someone on heres selling)

New Poll