corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shift people

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shift people
Liam

User status: Offline
29th Aug 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dean101287
I used to to the above. Worked monday- wednesday one shift then tursday and friday the other. Means every fortnight you finish work at 10pm and have to start the following day at 6am

I thought the law states you have to be away from work for 10 hours before starting a new shift? Unless you opt out of it....
gtitim

29th Aug 09 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
They are said to knock quite a lot of years off your life doing shifts, a copper was telling me that a lot die quite quickly after retiring!

thats why our pension is a lump sum plus monthly amount. Can have decent lump - usually £100k+ to enjoy, then a nice pension to live on for however long you have. I shall retire at 60, so intend to spend every penny of it.
dean101287

29th Aug 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
quote:
Originally posted by dean101287
I used to to the above. Worked monday- wednesday one shift then tursday and friday the other. Means every fortnight you finish work at 10pm and have to start the following day at 6am

I thought the law states you have to be away from work for 10 hours before starting a new shift? Unless you opt out of it....

I beleive that its 8 hours between shifts. So technically its still legal for them to do it.
Welsh Dan

29th Aug 09 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our shifts are ace. 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off, 2 days, 3 nights, 5 off, 3 days, 2 nights, 5 off, 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off. 7am - 7pm/7pm - 7am shifts.
Seany

29th Aug 09 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my new shift pattern is 4days on 4 days off 4 nights on 4 nights off.
6am-6pm days
6pm-6am nights.
my pension is rather god also, at current rate I can retire at 65 with 125k pension and 75k lump sum.
ChrisBoom

29th Aug 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it OK doing shifts, others at work think it shit though.

I normally do Monday - thurday 8pm-5pm, then Monday - thursday 7.30am-5pm, but it changes all the time, depending on our roster.
Ste
Premium Member

29th Aug 09 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do permenant nights but weekends fuck me up when I finish at 7am on a Saturday and just stay up all day. Then I try to stay up really late on a Sunday so I sleep Monday day and not end up knackered on Monday night.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Carl

29th Aug 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
quote:
They are said to knock quite a lot of years off your life doing shifts, a copper was telling me that a lot die quite quickly after retiring!

thats why our pension is a lump sum plus monthly amount. Can have decent lump - usually £100k+ to enjoy, then a nice pension to live on for however long you have. I shall retire at 60, so intend to spend every penny of it.

Yeah that is what he was telling me, do you pay 11% into a pension or something along them lines?
THere are some whopping annual pension coinage too isn't there for Sargents and the likes?!
gtitim

29th Aug 09 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pay 9.5% of salary - earning 28k this year, will be nearer 50 in 10yrs, so 9.5% of everything.
paul.mitchell1984

31st Aug 09 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do 7 - 7, 2 dyas 2 nights 4 off,

you et use to it the days kill me but im crap at getting up on a morn, usualy have 56 hours kips, 78 after 1st night then dont go to bed after last night and get the ful 4 off soon "catch up" on sleep or at least feel ok, havign a holiday screws me up....still its cushy book 4 off get 12 off
Lynny

31st Aug 09 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
quote:

thats why our pension is a lump sum plus monthly amount. Can have decent lump - usually £100k+ to enjoy, then a nice pension to live on for however long you have. I shall retire at 60, so intend to spend every penny of it. [/quote

I think if you stay on basic, not including the yearly pay increments, promotions etc, and retire after 35 yearls, you get £70k....So add all pay increases on etc and it'll be a fair whack! I can retire at 57, hopefully with a couple of promotions in my latter years!
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm doing 7-7 5 days a week just now, then a further 12 hours over the weekend. Some are days, some nights!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shift people 24 database queries in 0.0118608 seconds