corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike related injuries - work

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike related injuries - work
mwg

User status: Offline
1st Sep 09 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 people at work have broken bones from Mountain Biking in the last week. One's broken his hand and the other his arm and is off for 6 weeks.

Think work are getting a bit pissed off with various people having bike related incidents There's 10 of us here out of 23 here that do mountain biking so its not uncommon for some of us to be off with broken bones etc.

Might be a silly question but there's no way they could ban us from doing it is there or not pay us if we got injured through a bike accident and couldn't come to work Cant see how they could do but you never know
Liam

1st Sep 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got told that if I get an injury playing football and I go to work, they don't have to pay me if I go home....
Simon

1st Sep 09 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much chance of your work signing up to the 'Cycle to Work' Scheme
Cosmo

1st Sep 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They could attempt to write it in to your contract, but Ive a feeling you could easily refuse the clause and they couldnt do anything about it.

Fact is its an injury no matter how it is caused, if you're off then they have to stick to the terms in the contract and either pay you, or whatever their policy is.
mwg

1st Sep 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Not much chance of your work signing up to the 'Cycle to Work' Scheme

Thats how most of us buy our bikes TBH
mwg

1st Sep 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
They could attempt to write it in to your contract, but Ive a feeling you could easily refuse the clause and they couldnt do anything about it.

Fact is its an injury no matter how it is caused, if you're off then they have to stick to the terms in the contract and either pay you, or whatever their policy is.

I did it would be a bit harsh but I'm not clued up as to whether they could or couldn't. One of the directors muttered something about it before and got me thinking!
DaveyLC

1st Sep 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are employed and you receive sick pay they cant do much.. If you are self employed or a contractor they can tell you to get stuffed.
gavin18787
Premium Member

1st Sep 09 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its to be expected that I turn up with an injury from bikes from time to time at work.

Last one involved a nice bit of gravel rash on the chin

Lukily I havent had one thats kept me off work.

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
mwg

1st Sep 09 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gravel rash and a bit of bruising is the worst I've had too. Shoulder, arm, hip & leg. Not nice but never had anything bad enough to keep me off work thank fully.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike related injuries - work 24 database queries in 0.0107942 seconds