corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Steering help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Steering help needed
GTM

User status: Offline
   2nd Sep 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all
Was coming back from work just and turned onto an industrial estate. As i turned to go round the corner the car decided to go straight on as its belting it down with rain and the road surface is as slippy as ice. Car went staright on into a high curb with the wheel at nearly full lock and hit the curb with some force.
Managed to limp it back but now the steering feels loose and fights me when i go over any bump or pothole in the road. Pulls a little but feels very loose and unsafe. No visibal damage except to the wheel which is badly kurbed.

Any ideas what the damage could be?
Desperate because i need the car to get to work and it doesnt feel safe to drive

[Edited on 02-09-2009 by GTM]

[Edited on 02-09-2009 by GTM]
Richardhhha

2nd Sep 09 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jack it up and wheels off to inspect the stearing and suspension as it may have bent something well tbh by what your saying its deffonatly bent something..

damage that could have been caused could be soemthing simple like its knocked the tracking out of place, or its bent the lower arm, bent the track rod, bent the actual rack (normally if its a big accedent and would have cracked the casing so notisable)
GTM

3rd Sep 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
jack it up and wheels off to inspect the stearing and suspension as it may have bent something well tbh by what your saying its deffonatly bent something..

damage that could have been caused could be soemthing simple like its knocked the tracking out of place, or its bent the lower arm, bent the track rod, bent the actual rack (normally if its a big accedent and would have cracked the casing so notisable)

im thinkin track rod tbh. Luckily it wasnt at any great speed but because it hit the wheel at nearly full lock side ways on there was just no give. Wrist is killin me today.

Thinkin about it it could be that i have just messed the tracking up because the steering wheel has to be held slightly to the left to go straight.

[Edited on 03-09-2009 by GTM]
mattcape

3rd Sep 09 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe track rod or tie rod ends??

New Poll