corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PSU - High Pitch noise

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PSU - High Pitch noise
Simon

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 09 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My PSU has started omitting a high pitch noise, I'm not sure if it's related the internal fan not spinning, should this fan always spin or only when hot? Is it about to go bang?

Also I got it from PCWorld earlier this year, I can't find anything in the box about a warranty, should it automatically have a 1 year with it or anything?

The model is an Atrix 800W although not sure in reality it is actaully that powerful

To be honest I always knew it was a bit of a shitter but needed it at the time
John

3rd Sep 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's rare to get temperature controlled fans in psu's so it's 99% supposed to be spinning all the time.

If it's overheating something else will be about to fail.

It'll definitely have at least a 1 year warranty, not sure how that'll go with no proof of purchase though.
Simon

3rd Sep 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Noise is getting worse! I' think I still have the reciept, think a trip to the dipshits at PCWorld is needed pronto
John

3rd Sep 09 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've got the receipt you should be sorted.

New Poll