corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Conversion
CorsaJKO

User status: Offline
7th Sep 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want to put a redtop in my corsa which is currently a 1.0 12v, I'm going to buy a calibra to get the engine and any other bits I would need from that, but is there any other bits I would need which I won't be able to source from the donor car? Bearing in mind I don't have power steering either. Cheers in advance.
random dav
Premium Member

8th Sep 09 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will need a fitting kit, available from Chris Astley Motorsport or LMF, you will need better suspension, and a radiator off a Sport/GSi or similar, you can use the brakes off the calibra, also either a electric speedo sender or use some cable driven clocks. I think thats it, cant think of any more

WRLFC !

Project cars
rbailey88

8th Sep 09 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate, you will need the mount kit for the engine swap with spacers for gearbox and lowering blocks for the anti roll bar, gearbox selector, then as yours is a 1.0 you will need the fuel pump and setup out of a 1.4/1.6 sport corsa and really the speedo and cable from a gsi or en early sport model (cable driven) so you got rev counter and 140 clocks then. thats the majority of stuff needed mate. not too expensive when you buy off here, ive bought all my conversion parts from here and saved a fortune. hope this helps
harrisp

8th Sep 09 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rbailey88
hi mate, you will need the mount kit for the engine swap with spacers for gearbox and lowering blocks for the anti roll bar, gearbox selector, then as yours is a 1.0 you will need the fuel pump and setup out of a 1.4/1.6 sport corsa and really the speedo and cable from a gsi or en early sport model (cable driven) so you got rev counter and 140 clocks then. thats the majority of stuff needed mate. not too expensive when you buy off here, ive bought all my conversion parts from here and saved a fortune. hope this helps

You wont need a fuel pump at all as a 12v is identical to a corsa sport pump.
CorsaJKO

8th Sep 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks alot guys, saving up for the donor car now, going to get a 2.0 calibra as my donor car, am i right in thinking the engine in this car is a c20xe?
rbailey88

9th Sep 09 at 06:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:

o my bad, is it the 8v thats different?
harrisp

9th Sep 09 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:

o my bad, is it the 8v thats different?

Any MPI pump is fine.
SPI pumps need to be changed (dunno if the 8v is SPI)
CorsaJKO

9th Sep 09 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mpi pump? spi pump? I'm lost already lol..
scottc1088

9th Sep 09 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

multi point injection or single point, any multi point pump will go ok for a redtop
CorsaJKO

9th Sep 09 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im just going to buy a calibra as a donor car so would i be able to get the mpi pump from that?
harrisp

9th Sep 09 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaJKO
Im just going to buy a calibra as a donor car so would i be able to get the mpi pump from that?

The pump in your corsa is fine.
CorsaJKO

9th Sep 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right cheers bud

New Poll