corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » travelling expenses

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author travelling expenses
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

User status: Online
31st Aug 09 at 01:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there a law on whether i should or should not be getting travelling expenses for going on a course?

would be too bothered but im going on holiday soon and need all the money i can.

i will be be doing triple my miles at least

60 miles a day
Colin

User status: Offline
31st Aug 09 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think so it would be at the companies discression whether they pay you or not.

If theres a load of you to do it then club together and enquire how much do they actually want you to go on the course...i.e. pay up or forget about it. Power in numbers works!!

I get 20p a mile for any course I attend which is nothing short of a kick in the balls considering its done outside of work in my time off!!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 01:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Dont think so it would be at the companies discression whether they pay you or not.

If theres a load of you to do it then club together and enquire how much do they actually want you to go on the course...i.e. pay up or forget about it. Power in numbers works!!

I get 20p a mile for any course I attend which is nothing short of a kick in the balls considering its done outside of work in my time off!!

only me going on this week

2 others are going when im on holiday

20p a mile would be good

[Edited on 31-08-2009 by IvIarkgraham]
Colin

31st Aug 09 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20p a mile isnt good when the course is 150 miles away and you get low 20's mpg

Ask at work......tey can only say no. Technically you shouldnt be going in your own car for insurance reasons but say you'll overlook that if they allow you to submit your travel expences.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 01:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have asked they said they'll put it forward to someone else

i'll go back on wed and ask again

20p a mile would be either £44 if they only pay for extra miles or £60 if they pay for every mile

i'd say its gonna cost me £60 for the week. could do it for less if i drive like a fanny
Boycey

31st Aug 09 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would think that they should be giving you travel money. I get 40p a mile if I have to travel anywhere that the company require me i.e on a course. If the place that I'm going to is directly past my work then I would just get 40p a mile for the number of miles away from my work and back. Not from my house.
sc0ott

31st Aug 09 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its really all down to the companies policy. i also get 40p per business mile using my personal car but we have another policy for people that use company cars.
AndyKent

31st Aug 09 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get 50p a mile if I'm on a clients job or 20p per mile for a non-client trip (ie. courses, training etc.)

Luckily we are charging mileage all the time so have a system where we can enter expenses on our work computers and it automatically gets checked and reimbursed.

I love going on a client job far away though. 100 mile round trip at 50p per mile pays for a whole tank of fuel whilst I only use 1/5th of a tank
Tommy L

31st Aug 09 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your company doesn't reimburse you for this. Submit a P87 at the end of the year to claim back any expenses, travel, hotels, food etc. Just make sure you keep your receipts etc and have proof of going on courses at that time.

I know its not good right but at the end of the year you can get quite a bit of cash back which will be a bonus
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

2nd Sep 09 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can claim for the mileage over the current mileage i do

so will be 200 miles and i'll be putting v power in. so be roughly £40

[Edited on 02-09-2009 by IvIarkgraham]
a_j_mair

2nd Sep 09 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

company vehicle and diesel card for personel milage aswell FTW
pow
Premium Member

2nd Sep 09 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can claim back "business miles" at 40p a mile here but my boss just tops my tank up and slings it on his company credit card
mwg

2nd Sep 09 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd expect to get expenses. I can either claim 50p per mile or depending whether its practical get work to book me a train ticket
mwg

2nd Sep 09 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also I charge overtime if its outside of work hours even if its a course. Including travelling time...
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

2nd Sep 09 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i might get a certain amount per mile.

not sure yet
C2RL R

2nd Sep 09 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we get 40p per mile also. i'm really not sure if they are required to pay this though. i suppose they could say the course benefits you personaly so they aren't willing to pay for that.
inliner04

2nd Sep 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 32p per mile, but they took away the milage i normally do. E.g normal work trip, 4 miles, course trip, 22 miles, so i got 18x32p
Cosmo

2nd Sep 09 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

40p a mile (for the first 10k miles) is what the company can claim back, it then drops to 20p a mile - I think they are the most up to date figures. A company doesnt have to offer this amount though, but thats the most they can claim.

The problem with getting this cost though is you should really be insured for business use and not just commuting (as you cant claim the mileage for a commute).

BTW, for those in the know, before you correct me I know you dont actually claim it back, but its the simplest way to put it on here!
whitter45

2nd Sep 09 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
company vehicle and diesel card for personel milage aswell FTW

whitter45

2nd Sep 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
40p a mile (for the first 10k miles) is what the company can claim back, it then drops to 20p a mile - I think they are the most up to date figures. A company doesnt have to offer this amount though, but thats the most they can claim.

The problem with getting this cost though is you should really be insured for business use and not just commuting (as you cant claim the mileage for a commute).

BTW, for those in the know, before you correct me I know you dont actually claim it back, but its the simplest way to put it on here!

ours is 40p for the first 4k miles if its your own car althought his gets scrapped this month and all non compnay car owners must hire a vehicle

This is because techiniclaly if you use your own for work you need to have business cover on insurance and not many in our place do

If they opt out of the compnay car scheme they have to prove they have business cover on their insurance
ENB

2nd Sep 09 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We get 40p/m
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been in to get an expenses form today ended up walking out with £80 cash

works out at 40p a mile

C2RL R

10th Sep 09 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet. it's only right that you get so much though as it needs to cover extra wear of the car as well as fuel.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup

wasnt too bothered as long as i got my fuel costs as im going on holiday the week after so need as much money as i could

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » travelling expenses 23 database queries in 0.0155840 seconds