corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X20XEV into Corsa B engine bay wiring - Spare Connectors!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X20XEV into Corsa B engine bay wiring - Spare Connectors!!!
GrolschWalsh

User status: Offline
15th Sep 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, fitted an X20XEV into my corsa B which started as a 1.4 sport, then changed for a 1.6 gsi.

I have attached the GSI starter loom now to the x20xev engine.

All wiring into the car and onto the ECU is now done using one of the plug and play adapters bought off twag, but now that I have connected all the obvious connectors, and now have come to the point where we are nearly all hoooked up, but I have several spare connectors left in the engine bay, and nowhere on the engine to connect them to or double of them!

Firstly, there is two small connectors of the same type which would connect to the front of the gearbox - both are from the remains of the corsa loom which you leave in, and so were originally in the car - (i.e. coming out of the bulkhead). Which one do I use?

Next there is a big 2 pin connector, which comes from the original corsa loom just behind the passenger side headlight. No idea where this goes!

There is a 2 pin medium sized connector coming out of my cavalier/X20XEV engine loom, which is in flexible conduet (which is quite long and leaves the main trunk of cable just afgter entering the engine bay) with a thin single black wire which has been wired into near the ecu, and also a positive feed... any idea what this is and what it should connect to?

There is another one of these medium sized 2 pin connectors coming out of the original corsa loom just behind the drivers siide headlight - any idea what this is and where it should go?

I was tempted to assume that some of these spares would not be needed
.... is this right or do all existing wiires get used?

Any help is much appreciated!

New Poll