corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Reverse Lights Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Reverse Lights Problem
maxeh.UK

User status: Offline
   14th Sep 09 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Tried asking this question in the tigra owners forum, but didnt get many replies. Thought id post here as the corsa/tigra share the same haynes manual.

Basically, my girlfriend has a S reg Vauxhall Tigra 1.6 16v Checkers, and the reverse lights dont work. Ive checked the bulbs and all the fuses, and everythings fine - I suspect that either the wiring system is to blame, or the reverse switch on the gearbox is gone.

If its the switch on the gearbox - is it easy to get to/easy to replace/cheap to fix? Thanks in advance,

[Edited on 14-09-2009 by maxeh.UK]
Ste
Premium Member

14th Sep 09 at 23:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by maxeh.UK
If its the switch on the gearbox - is it easy to get to/easy to replace/cheap to fix?

Yes/yes and yes.

If you look on the gearbox you will see a plug. unplug it and do a continuity test on it. If it functions ok then your problem lies elsewhere. If it doesn't work, it just unscrews and fit another in it's place. They are sub £10 from a dealer or small enough to be "free" from a scrappy.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
maxeh.UK

15th Sep 09 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much appreciated Ste Thanks.
maxeh.UK

18th Sep 09 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bit more help needed on this one. Ive got a replacement part, and I think ive found it in the engine - looking down in the right hand side, near the front-most part of the gearbox, an electric plug running to it and requiring an open ended spanner to unscrew it.

Trouble is, theres NO space to play with unless I start taking bits off - and even so its in a kind of alcove so I cant get my spanner in. How the hell do I get to it, its driving me mad! Ta,
Richie

18th Sep 09 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldnt need an open end spanner? 10mm mini socket?

New Poll