corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B rear light needs a tap to make it work???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B rear light needs a tap to make it work???
joebongo

User status: Offline
26th Sep 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening dudes. I've got my MOT coming up and am trying to troubleshoot a dodgy back light. Sometimes (well most these days) the rear passenger side light won't come on unless I tap the side of the cluster, or if I have the light board out then unplugging the connector and putting it back makes the light work.

There's no visible corrosion to the light board thing, and the bulb is seated ok (there's resistance when I push it down and turn to lock it in) which makes me think that bit's ok.

The actual connector thing from the wires to the board with bulbs in it seems ok, so I'm a bit stuck for a sensible way to work through it.

Anyone come across this or know how I should proceed? Last time the MOT man failed it, gave it a jiggle and passed it on re-test, but I don't want fleecing when whatever he did was no better than my tap/jiggle method.

Cheers,

Joe
davieslim

26th Sep 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines did the same thing, used to hit it and it would work then one day it didnt which just happened to be the say of the mot this year but just changed the buulb and it was sorted, whnever i took that bulb out it looked fine but turned out it was the problem all the time
joebongo

26th Sep 09 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that - I'll try it tomorrow but think I've already been there. Can't hurt to do it again though.

Any other thoughts?

Joe

Edit: Bulb changed - the filament was a bit wonkly looking so put a fresh one in and all is good so far, but, the old bulb wasn't broken, ie: the filament was intact but oddly kinked.

[Edited on 27-09-2009 by joebongo]
john_c20xe

27th Sep 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bulbs fucked or the unit is fucked
davieslim

27th Sep 09 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as i said mines looked fine as well but was the cause of the problem
djmattyh

27th Sep 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my number plate light did it, i just cleaned all the connections and changed the bulb. works fine now

New Poll