corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » My gsi is playing up

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My gsi is playing up
Corsa_Quadz

27th Sep 09 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just recently my 1.6 gsi has started to idle really irratically. It will rev to 2k then dropto normal, then repeat this over and over. The eml is also on. It's like it's misfiring when low in revs. There's no White smoke or Mayo on cap, it's fine for the first 20 mins or so then it starts playing up when still. I'm thinking coil pack but do these symtoms point to anything else which could be a cause? Any help is greatly appreciated as I'll need to get this sorted before it gets worse. Thanks in advance
philip2

User status: Offline
27th Sep 09 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

idle control valve or throttle position sensor.

best thing would be to get it plugged in to a computer and see what code the eml brings on
dan-sport

27th Sep 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like coil pack mate
Bagsy1.6

29th Sep 09 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like idle control valve or throttle position sensor. mine did the same. the car used to jump around when u were tryin to keep a steady speed around 20mph

New Poll