corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advertising in motorsport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advertising in motorsport
Butler

User status: Offline
9th Oct 09 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For my dissertation I want to concentrate on the aesthetics of advertising within motorsport, but need to ask myself something specific about the way advertising opportunities are utilised. Can anyone help me think of something specific I can concentrate on or ask myself? Thanks.
jrsteeve

9th Oct 09 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe think about the most effective/noticeable sites for adverts? I.e. on the cars, ground, side walls etc?
jrsteeve

9th Oct 09 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooh and also the design - can't be too much detail or have too long a message as its obviously quite a quick sport and cameras following vehicles will be moving quite quickly. Compared against field sports they can have a few ads on a rotating board as the camera can focus on a particular area for longer periods.
Butler

9th Oct 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its quite a good point you raise, advertisers have to be tactical to best utilise advertising opportunities on the cars themselves.
Cosmo

9th Oct 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i think thats a good point, a lot of the shots of the advertising are either shown quickly as cars fly by or are in small areas on a car - so what should a company display to best get their brand across and push the message they want to.
jrsteeve

9th Oct 09 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Its quite a good point you raise, advertisers have to be tactical to best utilise advertising opportunities on the cars themselves.

They make use of every conceivable inch that'd appear on camera. F1 is probably one of the better ones to study as its massively about the ads. Also think about brand impact for firms like the tobacco companies. Even though they're banned in a few countries they'll still advertise but with just a partial logo (Lucky Strike, Marlboro etc)
DizzyRebel

9th Oct 09 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Motogp, or british superbikes would be a better start. look at the hm plant honda team.
ryzer

9th Oct 09 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mention about the banning of tobacco in F1, and as mentioned above, they are still there, lurking! ferrari still have the 'barcode' on their car where malboro should be, and think back to Jordan days where they had 'buzzin Hornets' instead of Benson & Hedges.

also talk about Shell with Ferrari, close links because they can sell fuel with ferrari's logo on,

also you could mention that advertising in motorsport is more effective, as the teams adopt the main sponsors logo as the whole colour scheme of their car, very lucrative when F1 is the most watched sport in the world.
RCS

9th Oct 09 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Concentrate on what Bernie Ecclestone did for the sport and how that brought about what it is today regarding advertising.
Cosmo

9th Oct 09 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ryzer
mention about the banning of tobacco in F1

tbh thats more to do with the advertising of tobacco in sport in general, as its not allowed (along with alcohol) in a lot of countries.
ed

9th Oct 09 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do something interesting that the person marking it wont know about. Every fucker is going to be doing some shite about F1 and tobacco sponsorship, it's so obvious.

I think one of the reasons I did well is I always found obscure titles and subjects for my work and taught the person who was marking my work something new when they read my work.
Cosmo

9th Oct 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus if they dont know about it they wont know when you're spouting shite
ed

9th Oct 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed

9th Oct 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could write about Formula Student and how universities use it as a marketing tool to promote their institutes.
Butler

9th Oct 09 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im doing graphics and the tutor marking it has never had an dissertation with the slightest relation to motorsport. Having spoken to them though they seem to think it might be quite relevant for me to concentrate on the way car manufactures present their in relation to their brand values. Its quite important for me to focus on the aesthetic side.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advertising in motorsport 23 database queries in 0.0106630 seconds