corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » 2nd playsation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2nd playsation
Callum

User status: Offline
13th Oct 09 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And had the same problem - yellow light of death which means its fucked. This one was 2nd hand when i bought it. i dont think theres enough space behind the ps3 so I might just buy a brand new on at gamer with insurance and put it in an open space to use but so far ps3's are shite quality!
Eck
Premium Member

13th Oct 09 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a second hand one that died on me as well. Used my brothers receipt for his new one so my pre owned 40gb was replaced with a brand new 120gb
Callum

13th Oct 09 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm
Callum

13th Oct 09 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did they not check the hard drive etc or was it the same model?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

13th Oct 09 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my new one broke six months after getting it, called the number in the book they sent a new one, didn't need a recipt or anything

[Edited on 13-10-2009 by Tomnova16]

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Callum

13th Oct 09 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are really pish but I cant see myself not buying another one
Brett
Premium Member

13th Oct 09 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After all the slating the 360 got (simply because it was out before the PS3). Funny the amount of failures now.
Nath

13th Oct 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please Brett. Do a poll and see which of the 2 have failed most. It's undisputable.
Richardhhha

13th Oct 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know why everyones playstation's and xboxes are breaking, mine havent had a problem and they get played to death can be anything from 2 to 20h they are kept on and never had a problem..

are you making sure they are cleaned out and have a lot of space around them for good ventelation??
Brett
Premium Member

13th Oct 09 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Please Brett. Do a poll and see which of the 2 have failed most. It's undisputable.

Which one has the best warranty tho?
Nath

13th Oct 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:

Which on has the best warranty tho?

Both seem worthy of what I gather. I went through 2 360's with minimal hassle, and seems people get PS3's swapped too. Not that I would know, still on my original 23 month old PS
Callum

13th Oct 09 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh I have realised that theres not alot of space, but not too little :S my ps2 was fine and so has the nintendo wii
Brett
Premium Member

13th Oct 09 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Both seem worthy of what I gather. I went through 2 360's with minimal hassle, and seems people get PS3's swapped too. Not that I would know, still on my original 23 month old PS

Pretty sure PS3 is one year then you have to pay Sony £120 for a refurbished one.
Richardhhha

13th Oct 09 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps3 and xbox need some serious space lol

quite a few people have had the problem with the solder and ciruit boards and it all stems from over heating....

whip the hover out and hover all the areas of the fans and keep them clean and a fair amount of space round them..

my old set up was having the xbox and the ps3 about 30cm apart from one another and they were on there own on a desk with the tv about 50cm away from it..
Callum

13th Oct 09 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fixed the old one with a heat gun! you can see the vids on youtube, but i ripped the blu ray drive cable sold the parts though and got a used one for £130, which has broken

New Poll