corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X16XE Idle and driving problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16XE Idle and driving problem
bigjim172000

User status: Offline
17th Oct 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, ive bought my gsi back and having problems. Before i sold it it had a new cambelt, waterpump, coil, plugs, leads, crank sensor (the one on the back of the block near the alternator i think)

The guy had it 2 weeks. Hardly used it, then went out and put £6 of diesel in it, He didnt drive it, put another £30 of petrol on top and then drove home straight away (about 12 miles) and drained the tank, rfilling with petrol.

He said to me it ran rough occasionally but i hadnt noticed it till last night. Basically was coming home from a 30 mile round trip, was driving along and all of a sudden it seemed to lose power, HAd stereo on so just turned it down and only had 500yards till me garage so got it there and left it for a couple of hours. Then drove home and it was fine. Well today it was really bad, i got to work (5 miles) then went to go out again straight away, got 1 mile and cut on power again, appeared to be running on 2 cylinders, ws half miles from mates where i was going so again, gently got it there, left it for half hour or so, started it and drove back to work fine

Went to go to mates again this afternoon and got there fine, went to leave and got down the road 200 yards a cut on power again, seemed like 2 cylinders again, Wouldnt clear for the whole 2 miles (different route) back to work

Changed HT leads for a new set when i got to work and it didnt do much. At idle it sits there, runs perfect for a couple of seconds, then drops onto two for a couple of seconds, then fine again, then onto two again, i think you get the idea.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
bigjim172000

18th Oct 09 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no-one?
phil808

18th Oct 09 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this was happening to my 1.6 sport, on idle it dropped down to 500rpm then up to 1000rpm then back down to 500rpm, but it was an intermittent fault. in the end it was the MAP sensor causing the misfire i replaced it and its been fine ever since. i dont know if its the same problem but you could try replacing your MAP sensor it worked for me anyway.
bigjim172000

18th Oct 09 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the suggestion, ive been into work today, turned the key and fired up first time and ran fine, i presume it must be a problem when it gets hot, any other idea? I will get my diag scanner out tomorrow and see what it comes up with.

New Poll