corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » brake upgrade

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brake upgrade
corsayoung

User status: Offline
30th Oct 09 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello folks,

Ok i need some advice, i currently have a 1995 1.2 8v as most of you know, and to be honest my breaks are pretty shocking!!

I let my mate last year drive my car around a racecourse car park, anyway basically he shouts outs, where's the break then, i was like ermm jake seriously now its not funny where they usually ****king are dude! He goes there not working, im like press harder and eventually they worked! Thank god!

Anyway since then i been in many other cars similiar to the age of mine and they have much better breaks.

So i just decided i need better ones, so basically, what would i need, just brake pads? or is it worth going for some better brakes themselves?

Just advice really! And i only have 13" steels at the moment soo getting 15" alloys hopefully
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

30th Oct 09 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new discs and pads
or fit some bigger ones - calipers discs and pads

johnhara1

30th Oct 09 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No need to replace the discs and pads if they are in good condition and theres plenty of pad left.

Id have your brakes bleeding and fluid changed first.
UGH
Banned

30th Oct 09 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are the pistons in the caliper all working ok? none seized etc?

corsayoung

30th Oct 09 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think so they work fine just you have to push your foot right down for them to work

New Poll