corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » license revoked ?????

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author license revoked ?????
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
7th Nov 09 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So - is there such an offence as having suspension which is too hard?
gtitim

7th Nov 09 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a specific offence.

Would imagine it would come under using a vehicle in a dangerous condition - not something i would be sticking you on for, but then again, if the officer deemed the tyres to be fouling the arches then it could be said it was dangerous.

The officer will present his evidence, based on his opinion and what he saw/heard/felt.

the person reported then has opportunity to put their side across and a magistrate who will more than likely know that cars have round things with tyres on, and bugger all more, will decide ( with direction from the court clerk who is the boss) whether guilty or not, and what the punishment will be.

I would never stick you on for this. I would tell you to sort your offset, camber or tyre profile out. we all know the dangers of sidewalls fouling arches, and the potential dangers of the tyres going pop, especially at speed.

then again, round where I work, if you keep your fog lights off, are insured and legal, and drive sensibly, you wont see me.
LeeM

7th Nov 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he wont loose his licence anyway, you need to get 6 points on your licence within 2 years of passing you test. one of my mates already had 6 points on his licence from a moped, passed his car test and got another 3 and didnt loose his licence
John

7th Nov 09 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no chance the original story is accurate.

I've yet to encounter an honest copper.
DizzyRebel

7th Nov 09 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
he wont loose his licence anyway, you need to get 6 points on your licence within 2 years of passing you test. one of my mates already had 6 points on his licence from a moped, passed his car test and got another 3 and didnt loose his licence

Different laws, hes allowed 6 more because he got those ones on his provisional. My mate had 24 on his provisional before getting a full licence.

If you get 6 or more points in the first 2 years of passing your test your licence is automatically revoked, regardless of how many points you had before you passed your test.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » license revoked ????? 23 database queries in 0.0083640 seconds