corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help
jay-corsa-gsi
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
8th Nov 09 at 01:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1.2 corsa 1997 project in the making just wondering i have a 3" peco exhaust on it at the moment but dosent sound to load is this because of the cat or middle box i all so have a vauxhall corsa de-cat pipe would this make any difference t

thanks
Richardhhha

8th Nov 09 at 03:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make it raspy as fuck wast of time and money imop... but thats just me, if you want a louder exhaust then sell the exhaust you got and get an ashley exhaust then it will be garanteed to be fuck off loud
jay-corsa-gsi

8th Nov 09 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it definetley gonna make my car faster with the de-cat on xx
tintin

8th Nov 09 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay-corsa-gsi
is it definetley gonna make my car faster with the de-cat on xx
Not in the slightest
Root

8th Nov 09 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it won't improve how fast your car goes at all and neither will an air filter or go faster stripes. lol

Taking the cat off will definitely make it sound louder. For performance, get a bigger engine, the only way you can make a 1.2 go faster is silly things that are not imaginable and will cost money, things like adding NOS kits, fitting throttle bodies, bike carbs (with custom inlets), erm, bore the pistons out, if possible, skim the head, add a decent turbo setup.

Any of them things can cost hundreds and hundreds. For example the NOS kit or the throttle body setup, for a good setup, maybe £600?

To replace the engine it will cost you £200 to pick up a 1.6 (I once bought one for £120 off fleabay so keep your eyes out), then just borrow a wynch and someone who's done it before and have at it. In reality that's the only way you can get more performance easily.
jay-corsa-gsi

8th Nov 09 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate i like the 1.2 its cheap on insurence as i onli pasted my test 2 months ago but i will get the cat removed now thanks guys
Root

8th Nov 09 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay-corsa-gsi
thanks mate i like the 1.2 its cheap on insurence as i onli pasted my test 2 months ago but i will get the cat removed now thanks guys

Just to let you know, a car without a cat (except early models etc etc etc), won't pass it's MOT test. So be sure to get 12 months MOT on the car before you take the cat off, it'd be silly to get it done with the MOT in 1 month's time because you have to put it back on for the MOT.
jay-corsa-gsi

8th Nov 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my carhas 10 months mot anyways but thanks very much for the advice

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help 24 database queries in 0.0108140 seconds