corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Remembrance Sunday

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remembrance Sunday
SetH

User status: Online
9th Nov 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watching this yesterday morning reminded me of why I am proud to be British.

With the way this country is going and all the social issues that we have had over the last decade or so its great to watch something like this and remember what originally made Britain great.

Seeing the royals and representatives from commonwealth countries past and present laying the wreaths and seeing all the old boys marching made me feel very humble indeed.

Sadly there were probably lots of unscrupulous types that were fast asleep or gobbing off on their mobile phone somewhere during the 2 minute silence.
ed

User status: Offline
9th Nov 09 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Goes to show that not everyone is as bad as the newspapers would like to make out
C2RL R

9th Nov 09 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you notice the tosser man utd fans chanting through the silence before yesterdays game?
Jay

9th Nov 09 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Sadly there were probably lots of unscrupulous types that were fast asleep or gobbing off on their mobile phone somewhere during the 2 minute silence.

Yep, was in work at the time and pulled the van over to the side of the road, and couldn't believe the amount of people who couldn't give 2 minutes of their lives to spare a thought and show some respect...
SetH

User status: Online
9th Nov 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Respect for you pulling over to pay your respects fella
dannymccann

9th Nov 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was driving home at the time passing through some villages and they all had people lining the streets ready for the 'celebration', was good to see
morpheus22

9th Nov 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was off to pick the mrs up and police pulled all the cars up for the soldiers,scouts,girl guides etc that where walking through our village.
RS6

9th Nov 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its a good thing needs to be done

so many wasters in this country wish we could send them into war
kav

9th Nov 09 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work in a coffee shop and i was amazed when at 11 the entire coffee shop stood up and was silent for the entire two minutes
richardworrall
Premium Member

9th Nov 09 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was fuming yesterday, standing near the front door for the two minutes silence yesterday in our local Asda when two 'chavvy twats' came stomping in and promptly shouted that they needed a piss and where were the bogs. Needless to say they were promptly shown where the exit was.
mwg

9th Nov 09 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
did you notice the tosser man utd fans chanting through the silence before yesterdays game?

I didn't notice that
oceansoul

9th Nov 09 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went down to my local war memorial for the procession yesterday. Just before the "last Post" was played, two chavvy boys with hoods up in the park behind the memorial started shouting somthing. Not loud enough to be understood, but loud enough to be heard. A couple of the army/raf cadet Officers wandered into the park and the chavs ran off. Its fucking disgusting.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Remembrance Sunday 23 database queries in 0.3437810 seconds