corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Impreza Modding Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Impreza Modding Help
bubble

User status: Offline
9th Nov 09 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yo.

got an 03 plate wrx sti, it has all the ppp stuff already on, thinking of an fmic and replacing all the cats with de-cats. reading up on some scooby forums, they are saying fmic and decats are worse for the car and do nothing??!

can anyone with any experience shed some light?

ta
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th Nov 09 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant see that being true
DizzyRebel

9th Nov 09 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without mapping they dont make much difference but with mapping they add an extra 30 or so bhp.
SetH

9th Nov 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right my son, I have the same car.

First of all forget about the FMIC. The newage TMIC is good for over 400bhp and Litchfield use it on there Type 25 Impreza which is good enough for me.

The PPP will consist of an uprated fuel pump, sports cat and a remap. Unfortunately it really is a lottery in regards to power figures with PPP and it is a very conservative map. the prodrive cat will be the only cat on your car, the centre cat will have been replaced with a different exhaust section.

The prodrive Sports cat is a good bit of kit and you should be able to reach circa 370/80 bhp before it becomes restrictive.

I would reccomend that you fit a performance panel filter, a decent 3" exhaust from cat back and go somewhere reputable for an ECUTEK remap This should see 320-330bhp on optimax and will also be road legal as you retain the cat downpipe.

If you wanted to aim any higher then you need a new turbo (something like a TD05 20G or a MD321H, aftermarket or ported headers and a true 3" decat exhaust and 400 bhp is easily achievable.

There are plenty of STi`s running this powerlevel on stock internals without any problems.
SetH

9th Nov 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to get rid of the play safe factory understeer fit some white line alloy drop links front and rear, a rear 22mm ARB and good a good geometry setup and the difference is night and day.

Im running a 24mm ARB on mine which promotes a bit off oversteer which is good fun but I have to be careful if it boosts mid corner lol.
bubble

9th Nov 09 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Right my son, I have the same car.

First of all forget about the FMIC. The newage TMIC is good for over 400bhp and Litchfield use it on there Type 25 Impreza which is good enough for me.

The PPP will consist of an uprated fuel pump, sports cat and a remap. Unfortunately it really is a lottery in regards to power figures with PPP and it is a very conservative map. the prodrive cat will be the only cat on your car, the centre cat will have been replaced with a different exhaust section.

The prodrive Sports cat is a good bit of kit and you should be able to reach circa 370/80 bhp before it becomes restrictive.

I would reccomend that you fit a performance panel filter, a decent 3" exhaust from cat back and go somewhere reputable for an ECUTEK remap This should see 320-330bhp on optimax and will also be road legal as you retain the cat downpipe.

If you wanted to aim any higher then you need a new turbo (something like a TD05 20G or a MD321H, aftermarket or ported headers and a true 3" decat exhaust and 400 bhp is easily achievable.

There are plenty of STi`s running this powerlevel on stock internals without any problems.

cheers dude, was going be throwing away ££ for no reason then!!

SetH

9th Nov 09 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did the same thing with my first impreza. bought a load of mods that I didnt really need. then the car blew up and I had to sell everything at a loss.... proper gutted lesson learnt

Have you had it long? how are you finding it so far?
bubble

9th Nov 09 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
I did the same thing with my first impreza. bought a load of mods that I didnt really need. then the car blew up and I had to sell everything at a loss.... proper gutted lesson learnt

Have you had it long? how are you finding it so far?

its my uncles but i had it off him. its good, power delivery is very very fierce, once it hits 3k it pulls like a train to the point where the seat moulds into ya!

i loving the 6 speed box, it has a prodrive backbox, and the oz prodrive wheels, the power is just immense. ijust want it sound a bit more fierce though, like when you drive it the rumble is there, but i want a bit more of a angry sound from it?
allza

9th Nov 09 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got basically the same car too. I would also so you dont need an Fmic. My car is running a td05 20g turbo and still using the tmic. I would say fit a 3" decat turbo back exhaust, and a remap. I would also suggest fitting a 3 port boost solenoid as it make controlling the boost a lot easier. With a ecutek remap it should make about 330-340. Mine is around 400 and I love it, although my exhaust might be for sale as the nurspec r is a bit loud with uprated headers and a decat.
Wrighty

9th Nov 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where you been getting advice? id say go straight on the american forums - theyre lightyears ahead of us to start with in subaru land. some people over here (mostly over 40 havnt got a clue) so take it with a pinch of salt..but common sense says you cant just uprate a turbo and expect it to be ok..because it wont be!

decide what power you want, set a budget, buy needed mods then have it mapped to 'glue' everything together id say. check andy forest's website for a power guide and whats needed to achieve what

http://www.andyforrestperformance.co.uk/index2.html
bubble

9th Nov 09 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
where you been getting advice? id say go straight on the american forums - theyre lightyears ahead of us to start with in subaru land. some people over here (mostly over 40 havnt got a clue) so take it with a pinch of salt..but common sense says you cant just uprate a turbo and expect it to be ok..because it wont be!

decide what power you want, set a budget, buy needed mods then have it mapped to 'glue' everything together id say. check andy forest's website for a power guide and whats needed to achieve what

i never mentioned turbos? i said fmic and decats.

i been reading scoobynet and there are folk on there saying fmics are worse, so i was asking peoples opinions based on what they have done.
Wrighty

9th Nov 09 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubble
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty

i never mentioned turbos? i said fmic and decats.

i been reading scoobynet and there are folk on there saying fmics are worse, so i was asking peoples opinions based on what they have done.

i used turbos as an example, its the same for fmic's and decats a lot of people on SN havnt got a clue and just pay tuners to do their work.
SetH

10th Nov 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could say that about all marques of cars and forums though. The solutions we have suggested are pretty much tried and tested.

Certainly the stage 1 tuning shouldnt throw up any issues. as for the STi`s running circa 400 bhp on standard internals well I guess the jury is still out
DaveyLC

10th Nov 09 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decat down pipe is one of the best things you can do..

I've done this on all of mine not only does it give you a very noticable power improvement they sound awesome.

Front mount is a good idea because they are very prone to heat soak but you'll get a little bit of lag with all the pipe work.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Impreza Modding Help 23 database queries in 0.0138249 seconds