corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Website to host pics to potentially sell?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Website to host pics to potentially sell?
Jenko_Sport

User status: Offline
13th Nov 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May start doing a track days, 4x4 days ect so was curious if theres anywhere i can add images online so people could over prints?

I may not be making any sense but i know what i mean
Butler

13th Nov 09 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would have to either host them on your own site and advertise your services or get your photos out there on flickr.
Jenko_Sport

14th Nov 09 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Effort lol
Matt L

14th Nov 09 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Advertise on forums that your offering track day pics, and host on flickr and sort.

ebay if its just general pictures like wall art stuff.

own site if you can really be bothered, but alot of effort into that one, i havent updated mine since it was made as i just cba, plus i want a new design which is in the process of being done but taking a while as its being done in someones spare time so they dont get much chance to do it.
AndyKent

14th Nov 09 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jenko_Sport
May start doing a track days, 4x4 days ect so was curious if theres anywhere i can add images online so people could over prints?

I may not be making any sense but i know what i mean

Massive waste of time mate. Go to any of these events and you'll see theres already loads of hobby photographers who are willing to sell pictures for pennies (or more likely free).

Theres sod all money in it, I wouldn't bother attending if your sole aim is to make money.
Jenko_Sport

14th Nov 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mainly a local 4x4 clubs as my uncle told me about it and there is no photographers at the events he goes to.
Whittie

15th Nov 09 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will make fuck all money off it, I would just go as a hobby if anything, just to improve your photography. Massive waste of time trying to sell the pics.

Sorry if i'm sounding really negative but i've tried and persevered in this and still not even came close to making more than £50! So much time and effort, only thing I got from it is some experience and knowledge.

I know a few people on here that have done this, mainly apk (andy), butler, jonny, and myself.

Sorry to become a downer, but just putting it into reality Alex

[Edited on 15-11-2009 by Whittie]
Jenko_Sport

15th Nov 09 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a problem Alex, may give it a go for a laff, no harm i supose.
Whittie

15th Nov 09 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, can only gain experience and knowledge. Hardly a loss!
AndyKent

15th Nov 09 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you go along and make something, see it as a bonus, but not likely.

The problem is that at amateur level, people can't see the point in spending much on photos as they can't use them for anything. £10 or £20 max.

I made money doing it by getting in with a team who've used my material for promo stuff, which they are willing to pay much better for.

Even so, not enough to earn a living. In fact didn't even pay for the lens I bought specially for their shots
JonnyJ

15th Nov 09 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never tried to sell individual shots, theres nothing in it really. I just give them away.

However, in things like wedding photography, there is.
Tiger

15th Nov 09 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless you are going to set yourself up with a mitsubishi mobile printer and all the kit and establish yourself as an event photographer there's not a lot of point in it. I know some event photographers that can make £1000+ for 1 event but my god they have work hard at it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Website to host pics to potentially sell? 24 database queries in 0.0125010 seconds