corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Back pain!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Back pain!
Skylined

User status: Offline
   30th Nov 09 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woke up last friday and had a bit of an ache in the lower left of my back.
Thought nothing of it and presumed I must have slept funny or something.

Anyway, went to the gym that afternoon and it really hurt when I was picking weights up and stuff, so after that it felt quite bad.

It's now 4 days later and doesn't feel any better, from morning till night I'm in real pain whenever I get up, or don't sit up really straight.

I presume that I've strained it or something as it feels really tense, but it's not feeling any better if not worse from Friday.

Anyone had similar experience? And how did you sort it?

Richardhhha

30th Nov 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got out of a ka and tore the main muscle in my back (one that runs from sholder to small of back) did pritty bad job tbh ended up needing physio as i couldn't walk more than a few pacex for a few weeks... Go to the doc's and ask them to examin your back could be something internal playing up
Lawrah
Premium Member

30th Nov 09 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is nothing worse!! You need to keep it warm, maybe go for a bath. If it doesnt get better I would go see the doctor or chiroprator.
J da Silva

30th Nov 09 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Roll up a tea towel, put it on the floor (hard floor) lay on it with the towel resting under the Lumbar section of your spine, how's that feel? Nice isn't it?

Regular heat treatment for nomore than 20 mins at a time, keep it stretched and don't just sit about making it worse.
Craig P

30th Nov 09 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suffer from lower back pain quite badly due to a bad car accident i was in (Some days it's worser then overs,Depending on what ive done Etc) I go and get physo (sp) and have be given a prescription of Diclofenac Sodium Enteric Tablets.

These work quite well,but obviously you cant buy them off the shelf.Also as Lawrah said keeping it warm helps alot to.
Just try and take it easy and if it doesnt get better then go to the doctor's.There's nothing worse then bad back pain TBH.

[Edited on 30-11-2009 by Craig P]
J da Silva

30th Nov 09 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diclofenac is what I took for a swollen knee after surgery, can't take them for too long though as they cause intestinal ulcers if taken for too long.
Skylined

30th Nov 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea was gonna go for a bath and see how it feels

Just sucks that I can't go the gym or do anything, how long can you go without exercise before you start to lose muscle mass etc?
DizzyRebel

30th Nov 09 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A pulled muscle hurts not because the damaged tissue is playing up, its because the muscles around it contract to protect it from further damage. However it is actually detrimental to the recovery of the muscle if it is not exercised it will take much much longer to heal.

Train your back muscles lightly with high reps on a daily or at least every gym day basis to keep blood and nutrients flowing to it to repair the muscle.

If you rest it, it will only take longer to heal, hurt longer as the muscles around it become tight and hard to recruit again and it will be weaker than if you didnt train it.

I used to get lower back pain all the time, doctor prescribed me some painkillers and told me to rest - a week later i tried the gym again and was in absolute agony. I went to see a sports therapist and got a deep tissue massage to loosen the muscles up and he prescribed me with back extensions to start with and then glute-ham raises as well and it took about a week before most of the pain was gone.

Now i train my back a lot and pick up some really heavy stuff and never even pull my back, the secret to muscle injurys is to train and massage them, not to rest them.
DizzyRebel

30th Nov 09 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, after 2 weeks of not training you can loose anywhere between 10-20% of muscle mass. Have 10-20g amino acids a day to try and help maintain if you really dont want to train it.
chloe16v

30th Nov 09 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was given Naproxen for my bad back and hips but have hour after taking them i was in more pain in my stomach because of the side effects of the tablets, this continued for almost 2 weeks although i only took the first dose of the tablets
chr15barn3s

30th Nov 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hurt my back the other week. Felt fine until waking up on a Saturday morning and I couldn't walk or stand up. Hospital just gave me pain killers on the Saturday night. NHS are shit so I went straight to a chiropractor on Monday. Turns out ive damaged a disc in my back and damaged another muscle. I was lifting things on Friday night and must have done it then.

I have spent a fortune at the chiropractors but it is so worth it. I definately reccomend it, even pay for the assesment and see what they say. The doctor won't be able to tell you half as much as the chiro would know.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Back pain! 23 database queries in 0.0108309 seconds