corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Audio in house setup:

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Audio in house setup:
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Dec 09 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully been on the property ladder soon, I'm hoping to set up a nice AV system throughout.

What options are there for having audio in several rooms from one central location. Obviously a media PC connected to a network (wired / wireless)

Ideally I would like an iPod docking station or ethernet HDD in the living room and small satellite speakers in a few rooms but connected to a decent surround sound system for the living room.

Just after a few different ideas, I know some of you lot are into your audio on here so thought I'd ask.

Scouring the net for all kinds of possible solutions at the moment just for ideas of whats best

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Cosmo

7th Dec 09 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you after it all to be wired or wireless ideally?

And how are you looking to control it when in the various rooms?

And finally are you looking to be able to have one thing playing in one room whilst another thing in another room?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

7th Dec 09 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully wired, running all cables throughout house. But open to wireless solutions.

Not too fussed about different things in different rooms, as long as was able to watch a film / TV in one room and have ipod playing in bedroom say.

Looking to control everything in each room via an all in one remote or such.

Looking at this - Wiring Diagram

Is giving me some idea but thats a much larger scale than i plan. My main idea is to have speakers in the rooms that are all connected to one location that can play my itunes be it from a docked ipod or a media PC or networked hard drive.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
csweatherston

7th Dec 09 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most of the new onkyo AV recievers have zone2, which i believe allows you to listen to an ipod in one room and a film in the other etc.
Toby
Premium Member

8th Dec 09 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you looking for audion and video or audio only. Audio only look at stuff over wi-fi like logitech squezzebox video as well look at a AV reciever with dual zones
oceansoul

8th Dec 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Looking at this - Wiring Diagram

That is Pretty Epic
whitter45

8th Dec 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by csweatherston
most of the new onkyo AV recievers have zone2, which i believe allows you to listen to an ipod in one room and a film in the other etc.

Denon are the best for this I believe

If you don't use Zone 2 you can bi wire the front speakeers

New Poll